Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sat Nav not available. What are my options?

C11BRA

I'm new to my 2006 C2.

I'm not sure if it has nav fitted. Comes up with not available when pressed.

Where do I look for the disc drive? Can't find pics online.

If I don't have it, what are my options? I would prefer to keep it factory style.

It has Tooki for the phone which works. But I would also like to stream music via lead or Bluetooth.

Any advice would be appreciated.

the oem sat nav is absolute 5hite and totally out of date.

its like playing on the Atari from the 80s like pac man or that ball game from side to side.

save yourself a load of money and use your phone with a decent holder that's what I do. I have nav , looked at it once and its never been on since. its laughable.

if you want to splash out then get the Pioneer or Kenwood full face with DAB, BT and everything else but you are looking at £1k plus. lots of 996 and 997 owners have done that.

If it costs more than 50p to sort out, I'd be binning it and installing head unit of your choice for your phone OS. Get the AC controls painted black whilst it a all out and it will bring the interior right up to date. :thumb:

NLW73 said:
save yourself a load of money and use your phone with a decent holder that's what I do. I have nav , looked at it once and its never been on since. its laughable.

Snap. I use Waze on my phone for every journey and have not used my OEM sat nav once.

I sometimes use my Satnav albeit I updated it so its less of an Atari and more like a Spectrum lol. Saying that 'Waze' saved my ass and my licence, so id go for a mobile phone holder and Waze :thumb:

I would have to say with that message it's not fitted to your car .

Open the bonnet and the nav unit is either bolted to the floor .. you can't miss it or its inside the cubby hole in the large center plastic panel .

I agree with everyone here .. its well outdated and even with the latest maps ( which cost a fortune ) it's still not very good .

Phone sat nav it is then. No drive in my cubby hole.

Just get an android double din unit. They're peanuts and give you the flexibility of anything you want. I have waze, google maps and off-line maps on mine.

Get a "Kenu Airframe PRO" for your phone. £25 Amazon. It is as discreet as a phoneholder can be, and will not budge or fall out once attached to the vent.

I used to like Waze a lot, but now found it tends to skip longer faster roads, and wants to always take you down side roads often with bumps, or A roads rather than a Motorway. So gone back to Google maps.

The PCM satnav is a waste of time, and too out of date. The biggest drawback of driving older cars, is the tech.

Waze tracks mobile phones so knows how fast the traffic is moving. It sends you down other roads because they have instant data to prove you get to your destination earlier on the route they take you.

Its the best and most accurate system out there by far.

Alex said:
Its the best and most accurate system out there by far.
The poster above would disagree with you.

Why? He didn't state he didn't like waze because it gets you there at an earlier ETA, but because it takes on routes he'd prefer not to go on. :dont know:

If you don't understand why he thinks it's not the "best out there by far" I can't help you! :mrgreen:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back