Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari International Assistance

The return of Marty Wild

Shameful at Monza this weekend, what a scabby win! Hope they're happy with that win, absolute joke! From Smelly Finger's Quali lap being allowed to both saves for LeClerc in the race.

Really p**sed me off.

Hats off to Toto, consummate professional, so magnanimous with DC after the race.

Agreed and some questionable stuff going on

Did you see the stewards 'mix' of people? Derek Warwick and four Italians

Warwick would not have got out of monza park alive if he has given the full red card to Leclerc

First decent chance of a home win since 2010 was always going to happen

Same old, same old....

What really gets me is everyone and I mean everyone just humours Ferrari.... oh it's their first home win in years, bless 'em, to hell with the rules.

Skanky gits, absolutely no time for Ferrari or their bl00dy fans.

Just embarrassing like the final hot lap fiasco in Q3.

Love how they through Vettel to the lions in the race so they could turn around and say we rule with an iron fist, just look at our second driver. Absolute jokers! :?

I didn't think there was that much in it. I've seen worse incidents of crowding with no more that a tutt from the commentators. When it's done against Lewis, all of a sudden everyone's up in arms.
Max' s moving in the breaking zone for 18 months was considered "hard racing". It wasn't until he did it to Ricciardo in Baku, that got himself taken out that he seems to have toned it down.
Storm in a teacup that's taking away from what was a good race.

FZP said:
I didn't think there was that much in it. I've seen worse incidents of crowding with no more that a tutt from the commentators. When it's done against Lewis, all of a sudden everyone's up in arms.
Max' s moving in the breaking zone for 18 months was considered "hard racing". It wasn't until he did it to Ricciardo in Baku, that got himself taken out that he seems to have toned it down.
Storm in a teacup that's taking away from what was a good race.

:agree:

I don't think LeClerc is any worse than other drivers when they were his age. Verstappen used to be very agressive. Vettel really seems to be losing his edge at the moment, Hamilton is playing the long game.
It looks like Ferrari build their car around winning there and they managed to just pull it off. Good for LeClerc, he is certainly a future star. TBH I don't really care who wins I just like to see a good race. With the way the drivers are being punished these days they are regulating pretty much any actual on-track racing out of the sport.

MC

Vettel on Parabolica different to Albon I take it?

And what about leaving the track to gain advantage?

Was a good race, was gripping seeing Lewis hassle CLC. Just the race result was not fair IMO.

P.s. I like Charles, I put a bet down on him out scoring Smelly at the start of the season. Furthermore, he's got the measure of Max, I hope he wipes the floor with him in the future.

NLW73 said:
Agreed and some questionable stuff going on

Did you see the stewards 'mix' of people? Derek Warwick and four Italians

Warwick would not have got out of monza park alive if he has given the full red card to Leclerc

First decent chance of a home win since 2010 was always going to happen

Not forgetting Warwick was an Alfa Touring car driver

I think Lewis will be a little more aggressive when racing in front of and behind Le Clerc from here on. Le Clerc's card is now marked and Lewis will approach things differently now I think.

Have to say I was very impressed that Le Clerc did not lose concentration with Hamilton pushing him so hard for most of the race. Bottas was a massive disappointment in his attempts to get past in the last few laps.

All bodes well for F1, we have yet to see Hamilton, Verstappen and Le Clerc all racing for the lead haven't we?

IMHO the stewards were probably considering the impact of Tifso feedback outside their office

of the 2 incidents, pushing Hamilton off was marginal but had he made contact then it would have been different, no contact was the saving grace but did gain an advantage by coming across 'again'

as for running across the kerbs at turn 1, they all do it and get away with it, since there wasn't actually a pass in play although he did gain an advantage

after getting the black/white flag, SHOULD have got a 5 secs penalty for the the turn 1 incident

I'm a big Hamilton fan but am not too disgruntled by the perceived bias towards CLeC.

It was the first time since the heavy handed stewarding of races earlier in the season that the revised 'let them race' rules have been applied. I'm happy for that as long as they are applied consistently for the rest of the season.

Was there definitely not a small love tap with CLC when Lewis took to escape road? Thought CH4 said there was, but then I was watching at silly o'clock in the morning with a 1yo rug rat in tow.

T8 said:
I'm a big Hamilton fan but am not too disgruntled by the perceived bias towards CLeC.

It was the first time since the heavy handed stewarding of races earlier in the season that the revised 'let them race' rules have been applied. I'm happy for that as long as they are applied consistently for the rest of the season.

I too am a fan of the more relaxed attitude from the stewards but I fully expect Hamilton to get hammered if he pulls any of the moves Le Clerc made yesterday. The weaving after the black and white flag was out of order imo and deserved a penalty.

There is no doubt in my mind that there was a Ferrari/ Le Clerc lovefest going on across the board yesterday. If Hamilton had pulled those moves whilst leading he would 100% been penalised. Luckily in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter and just made for a very exciting race until Lewis cooked his tyres.

It's a shame that the next race is the night racing borefest of Singapore. The sooner this track is dropped the better.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back