Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window not lowering enough when opening the door.

jaykay127

I have just had quite a lot of work done on my C4S, including 4 coffin arms, 4 tuning forks, 4 wheel alignment. Just prior to this I had the drivers side lock assembly replaced as the window wasn't dropping at all. Iit worked perfectly, now it drops only a couple of millimetres and I have to push the window down from the top manually, its as though its sticking on something? Has anyone any recommendations?

PS, since the coffin arms and 4 wheels alignment it drives like a new car!

pzero said:

Thanks, but the microswitches are working, it doesn't pop back up when handle
is released, it just seems to be sticking on something because if I push the glass from the top gently when its open the window drops to the correct height, maybe sticking on the seals?

Sounds like the regulator mechanism itself is jamming if you are sure the door controller pack is OK. Remove door trim, seal and inspect it in operation. Quite often the door seal is damaged to the point of needing to be replaced by lifting it back, or they have had it already..

As above .. if you can move the window down by hand then the window reg is shot .. new one required .

The window can't be moved up and down by hand basically .

The cable becomes slightly stretched. There is a bit of adjustment on a screw / lock nut arrangement but sometimes not enough. A cheap and easy fix is to make a spacer that will slot over the cable and allow one end to sit in/on it, thus effectively tightening the cable.

Link to the fix here : http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-...-regulator-permanent-fix-stretched-cable.html

There are other threads on other forums, and I think someone has actually made a "proper" product to fix it, but not sure on that.

Hope it assists. Worked for me.

It could be slack in the regulator cable but i had the same symptoms with my 996 and found that the nylon gear that the window motor meshes with in the regulator was worn and causing slop in the window movement. You can pack it but ultimately you need a new regulator,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back