Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Climate Control Button Refurb

SimonBash

Trainee
Hi All,

Who do you guys recommend to remedy the normal wear on these buttons and how much should I expect to pay?

Is the unit difficult to remove myself?

All input welcome!

Thanks

Simon

They are easy to do yourself you will just need to remove them, clean them up with some sand paper and give them a paint with plastic spray, you can use vinyl letters to mask off the temp and fan symbol and once removed the light will still shine through as before

Do not use sand paper, you will destroy the texture of the button!!!, i done mine, you will need transfer stickers, i think i may still have few sets, easy to repair !!

J

Thanks all - has anyone replaced the buttons with the ones Design911 sell? Not worth replacing for better finish/ longer lasting repair?

Cheaper to do it yourself, take apart, clean up old parts ans spray them with black plasticote paint and simples, took me couple hours including drying process!!

J

Thefinn said:
-- 997 -- said:
Do not use sand paper, you will destroy the texture of the button!!!, i done mine, you will need transfer stickers, i think i may still have few sets, easy to repair !!

J

Just use a fine grit :bonk:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=109679&highlight=

No, get a small beaker and pour nail varnish remover in it as much as you need and put the control bits in for 5 mins then you will see the black coating peel off then wash under cold water and the control buttons are nice and smoooooooth !! Apply the decals on and spray black matt plasticote paint, let dry then put back together, now these decals are hard to find, i still have a couple sets lying around somewhere incase i end uo doing it again for someone..... etc...

J

Posted mine off today to Climate repair. £86 to refurbish the buttons.

I did try myself but couldn't get the decals right.

I would be interested to see the ones which have been done using decals?

Any pics?

Just seen the pics on the link above.

Looks good

Where can one buy the decals referred to - I have never heard of such a thing and a quick eBay search has rev eased nothing (though I may well be using the incorrect search terminology).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back