Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Improving throttle response in 997 gen 1 c2s

Kettmark

Silverstone
As above. Anyone got any suggestions?
Was thinking about either retrofitting sports chrono or fitting a lightweight flywheel. Car is not a daily driver.
I want it to feel a little more alive.

When we're the spark plugs last changed? I felt the car pulled better after I had mine replaced. I guess the other option is a remap to adjust the power and torque so it increases further down the bottom end.

Out of interest, what makes you feel its not that alive /responsive? Have you had faster cars in the past?

I've not had faster cars in the past no.
Spark plugs were changed at last major service 1000 miles ago.
I'd just like it to feel a little more responsive. My indi is looking into remap options for me.

Before spending lots of money try fitting a sprint booster , this fools the throttle into thinking your driving much more aggresivly than you are , the old style has 3 settings the new has multi settings . this worked really well on my 997.1 tip when I had it and is not an expensive mod to do. it yours a tip car or manual

I would have thought that in order to improve throttle response, you'll need to reduce rotating mass around the engine with a lightweight crank pulley and a lightweight flywheel, especially the latter. And an improved airbox and free flow manifold with sports cat to improve the breathing. And maybe bigger injectors. All followed by a decent custom remap to make the most of the changes. How far do you want to go?

Some great advice here.
I think I'd get the fault codes read first.
Are the coil packs new?

Sprintbooster, under drive pully first options.
Lwfw and balancing starts to get v pricey.
N/a 997 not normally noted for poor or unenthusiastic throttle response, so worth getting an indy to check it over perhaps.

Mezgerite said:
Fit a solid flywheel. It makes a massive difference to response.

It does, but unless its a track car isn't the NVH and chatter unliveable with . I am sure thats the feedback I got when looking at that mod. :?: :dont know:

I don't know if it can be retro fitted, but the sport mode you get with the sports chrono package makes a massive difference to throttle response.

Gray79 said:
I don't know if it can be retro fitted, but the sport mode you get with the sports chrono package makes a massive difference to throttle response.

I beleive it can but I understand not the stopwatch part. If fitted then you can go the DSC route to alter both throttle response and suspension set-up. Obviously you need PASM aswell!

I have had sports mode retrofitted to my 997.2 C2S and it has completely transformed the car. Best upgrade I have ever done to a car. In sport mode or sport plus the car now comes alive. 😀😀😀

Is it possible to fit a Sports Mode to a Gen1 Manual? If so what is needed? Modules, wiring? How is the done, would difference is noticeble??

Cheers

J

Phil 997 said:
Before spending lots of money try fitting a sprint booster , this fools the throttle into thinking your driving much more aggresivly than you are , the old style has 3 settings the new has multi settings . this worked really well on my 997.1 tip when I had it and is not an expensive mod to do. it yours a tip car or manual

Mine's a manual. Does a sprint booster work on a manual car?

Any idea as to cost including fitting?

Phil 997 said:
Mezgerite said:
Fit a solid flywheel. It makes a massive difference to response.

It does, but unless its a track car isn't the NVH and chatter unliveable with . I am sure thats the feedback I got when looking at that mod. :?: :dont know:

If you use the OEM GT3 RS4.0 clutch plate it isn't an issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theitalian06
Back