Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve just bought the cheapest 911 in the UK!

kurlykris said:
Are you sure that the £150 expansion tank is the correct one, year 2001 onwards, the more expensive one £229.99 up to year 2000 on ECP is the correct one I think :?: They are different tanks :grin:

You need a Porsche themed flat cap in your videos, you know it`s da rulez :grin:

Ha! But is there such a thing as a Porsche themed flat cap? Should there be? :)

I've just checked on eurocarparts website and I think he's given me the cheaper one of the 2 options but it appears to be the correct one. Fingers crossed for when I hand it into the garage :|

Ok, just be aware that a few people have had issues with non-OEM expansion tanks, the filler cap doesn`t seal properly, pressure is lost and they can leak/ cause overheating issues :sad:

( test the fit of the filler cap on the threads before you fit the tank, make sure you are happy with it ) :thumb:

I`m sure there is a nice porsche themed flat cap available, failing that a motorsport one at least :grin:

My preference is a classic Goodwood racing green courdroy baseball cap :D

kurlykris said:
Ok, just be aware that a few people have had issues with non-OEM expansion tanks, the filler cap doesn`t seal properly, pressure is lost and they can leak/ cause overheating issues :sad:

( test the fit of the filler cap on the threads before you fit the tank, make sure you are happy with it ) :thumb:

I`m sure there is a nice porsche themed flat cap available, failing that a motorsport one at least :grin:

My preference is a classic Goodwood racing green courdroy baseball cap :D

Thanks Kris, will give that a go and hope it's all good.

Haha, not sure about a baseball cap...won't look as cool when I'm fighting crime in the village :)

Little addition to total spend...

Porsche spend to date (5 months and 2000 miles)

Collection of car from buyer - £260
Tyre (Pirelli P Zero from Black Circles) - £142
Tracking - £42
Internal cubby hinge fix kit - £32.36 from eBay with instructions
Front reflector - £30 from eBay (new)
Fan belt - £16
Engine hood strut - £30
Air conditioning pipe replacement - £310
Air conditioning re-gas - £60
Front number plate backing from eBay - £10
Door innard fix - £15
Bleed nipples from eBay - £22 (not yet fitted)
Under front bonnet grommets from eBay - £9.98 (not yet fitted)
Wipers - ??
Interior bulbs - £10.98
Number plate lights - £61.27
New number plate - £20 (not yet fitted)
Expansion tank - £151.46 (not yet fitted)
Underbody lining wheel arch cover - £40 (not yet fitted)
Rear bumper rail - £34 (not yet fitted)
Exhaust tips - £64.98 (not yet fitted or delivered, I hope they're the correct ones!)

Cost to date - £1362.03

Including purchase price - £7912.03

What miles does yours have SS?
Mines in at Northway at the moment engine and box out for all oil leaks to be fixed...
I've got 142k on my Tip C4 now and love it as a daily... i know its not everyones taste the Tip but I can only safley do a Tip/Auto...

baldguy said:
What miles does yours have SS?
Mines in at Northway at the moment engine and box out for all oil leaks to be fixed...
I've got 142k on my Tip C4 now and love it as a daily... i know its not everyones taste the Tip but I can only safley do a Tip/Auto...

149k now, I'm trying to resist any major work to keep the cost down (not that it needs major work but it's easy to get carried away). I know Ray and he is really good and been a great help with advice.

I guess you're local to his place and the main Porsche dealership in that case?

sillysally1 said:
I haven't actually read it yet though.

Should I mention I'm the one in the hat? :)

I just read this yesterday evening :thumb:

Big news! We have a new MOT with only 1x2 advisories!! (Slight corrosion in front metal brake pipes - to be monitored). Will get that sorted.

I am soooo happy (and relieved!)

Still looking sorry for itself though...

Attachments

• 5ddde225_6d8b_4c40_b1d5_b7546b029568_100.jpeg
    5ddde225_6d8b_4c40_b1d5_b7546b029568_100.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 2,449
Hi everyone,

It's been a really long time since I've posted an update...mostly because nothing massively interesting has happened. I'm still using the 996 as my every day car and it's still going great (with all its crustiness). Unfortunately I am no better at keeping it clean as I was back then. Lockdown has meant that I'm not doing a lot of mileage but still using any excuse to go out in it. I've had it for 2 years and 4 months and done 6k miles and it's passed both MOTs that I put it through. Most of those miles were done before lockdown but it frequently gets left for weeks on end these days.

Unfortunately, everyone is going on about the 996 at the moment and prices have gone through the roof and there are hardly any manual coupes available for under 10k.

I'm still doing the odd video on YouTube but most are just me rambling on or talking about my blind bought 1966 Porsche 912.

I hope everyone is all good.

Here's to the 996 coming down in price so more people can start their 911 journey!! 🤞

sillysally1 said:
Hi everyone,

It's been a really long time since I've posted an update...mostly because nothing massively interesting has happened. I'm still using the 996 as my every day car and it's still going great (with all its crustiness). Unfortunately I am no better at keeping it clean as I was back then. Lockdown has meant that I'm not doing a lot of mileage but still using any excuse to go out in it. I've had it for 2 years and 4 months and done 6k miles and it's passed both MOTs that I put it through. Most of those miles were done before lockdown but it frequently gets left for weeks on end these days.

Unfortunately, everyone is going on about the 996 at the moment and prices have gone through the roof and there are hardly any manual coupes available for under 10k.

I'm still doing the odd video on YouTube but most are just me rambling on or talking about my blind bought 1966 Porsche 912.

I hope everyone is all good.

Here's to the 996 coming down in price so more people can start their 911 journey!! 🤞

Well personally, I hope they don't come down in price.

Wondered how this turned out. Good to hear still going strong!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back