Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel removal

Drew1209

I've had a search on the subject and couldn't really see what I was looking for.

Now to remove the airbag I read that the battery has to be disconnected for 30mins approx, I am right in saying before I disconnect the battery I should turn on the ignition to stop alarm going off ?

If that is the case do I leave the keys in the ignition until I reconnect the battery with the new wheel fitted ?

Drew1209 said:
I've had a search on the subject and couldn't really see what I was looking for.

Now to remove the airbag I read that the battery has to be disconnected for 30mins approx, I am right in saying before I disconnect the battery I should turn on the ignition to stop alarm going off ?

If that is the case do I leave the keys in the ignition until I reconnect the battery with the new wheel fitted ?

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=725080

i'll just clarify ..

Ignition on .. lights on dash illuminated .. disconnect the battery earth lead .. wait 10 mins then remove the airbag and steering wheel .. refit with new .

Reconnect the battery negative lead ( earth lead ) ... turn off ignition as its job done .

Thanks for the help guys. I've got the airbag separated from the wheel now but I can seem to get the connector out that holds the bag to the wheel, is there a technique to this, tried giving it a pull but no joy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back