Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Caliper Bolt head rounded

bolt rounded

I had this happen to me, as Demort said I drilled very carefully with a 10 or 13mm drill bit, as it approached the calliper the head came away.
fortunately the second bolt came out ok so now the calliper just slid off the headless bolt.
I then got my medium, 10 inch stilsons on the remaining bolt and out it came fine with no damaged threads or burnt calliper wich would be the case if heator welding is invoved.
Great fun these cars, good luck :thumb:

deMort said:
kurlykris said:
Lol, every time I suggest drilling a bolt out, every body insisits that we should throw some fire on it instead :grin: :joker:

Drilling is fine .. as is welding .. it's down to what equipment you have ..

I will say welding will burn the paint on the caliper so drilling might be the better option.

Mechanics are lazy anyways .. we go with the easiest option lol .

Iain, you know that I was just poking fun, you have met me and know my sense of humour :grin:

Without guys like you, guys like me couldn`t have awesome days out like we did today at Mallory Park, check out the Zuffenhaus trackday thread which will be updated with photos and I`ll pop some videos up too in the next couple of days.

Porsche People are just awesome and I owe you a big hug next time I pop down your way :thumbs:

Yup i know .. i just answer every question regardless ..

It will be a while i think till your in my neck of the woods again .. but it's always a pleasure to say hello .. C&C was great to finally meet .. you and i know who we are talking to now .. it makes it more personnel i feel :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back