Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 slow starting and misfire

@ CB-997.2

I got a bit annoyed at just reading this .. i can well understand how you must have felt .. just not acceptable these days .. OPC do at times seem to have totally lost the plot on customer service ..

yeah we were wrong so we are gonna charge you more .. sigh .

@ Maccy

Any fault codes or other info ref driving it ? a High pressure pump makes the car alost undrivable .. also sounds like a garage has looked at it before ?

If it hasn't been into a garage and it will be then please don't unplug anything .. it will generate fault codes which the garage may interpret as the fault ..

You'll end up paying for a part they replace that may well not be the actual fault .

deMort said:
@ Maccy

Any fault codes or other info ref driving it ? a High pressure pump makes the car alost undrivable .. also sounds like a garage has looked at it before ?

If it hasn't been into a garage and it will be then please don't unplug anything .. it will generate fault codes which the garage may interpret as the fault ..

You'll end up paying for a part they replace that may well not be the actual fault .
Thanks mate, it's still under warranty and booked in next Thursday, they've got it for 3 weeks whilst I'm holidaying in the USA :)

deMort said:
If they cant fix it in 3 weeks then you seriously need to bring it to me :floor:

Have a nice holiday and i'm sure it will be fixed on your return :)

Aye any excuse to come down to the south coast!

@deMort - heard from the dealer, high pressure fuel pump - I suggested this to them initially and they said no won't be that!
It's been replaced so fingers crossed all good now!

lol .. i can just imagine you saying some guy on the forums said it could be this thats failed .. that's an instant .. No Sir i doubt it , but we will investigate it further .

Then a bit of perhaps disappointment later on when it was that ...

Made me chuckle anyways :D

Its fixed .. its warranty .. sorted :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back