Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Illuminati

I certainly hope they are dying out as I'll never shift mine otherwise!

Funnily enough, when standing in a queue for the camp site at Spa last weekend randomly got chatting to someone else with a modded 993 that also gets used.

Perhaps demographics of ownership are shifting.

orangefender said:
I certainly hope they are dying out as I'll never shift mine otherwise!

Funnily enough, when standing in a queue for the camp site at Spa last weekend randomly got chatting to someone else with a modded 993 that also gets used.

Perhaps demographics of ownership are shifting.
That was me you were chatting to :) Great to meet you 8)

Didn't see you the over the Weekend, but hope you had a great one..!

Attachments

• 48676115862_577a0226d0_z_201.jpg
    48676115862_577a0226d0_z_201.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3,430
911livin said:
If they have RS or Turbo S, then maybe.. but no other 993

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, although the investment market still seems pretty keen on any wide body car too.

Plain vanilla 993 is definitely for driving.

gunner said:
Plain vanilla 993 is definitely for driving.
..and it always seems to be the choice of the Models when a Journo has a spread of 993 to choose from..

nickjonesn4 said:
Fortunately the Illuminati as a breed seem to have largely died out on here

We're always watching Nick, always watching :judge:

mohitos said:
nickjonesn4 said:
Fortunately the Illuminati as a breed seem to have largely died out on here

We're always watching Nick, always watching :judge:

creepy :eek:

Nick, they're easily spotted in the wild. Usually Colini stick in hand tutting away when a 993 rolls past with the incorrect bulbs in the indicators. But as you've seen, can be very very sneaky. :grin:

The forum has seen many regular contributors including the extremist zealots, come and go over the years. Many threads contained endless posts of people congratulating each other for buying a 993 or asking who it's was that passed them on the M42 at 6.14pm the previous Sunday.

Despite proclaiming their undying devotion most of these posters exited ownership. Few are those that remain.

Over the years there have been threads about every tedious subject you could imagine. And many you couldn't. The N rated tyre debate, which oil should I use, OPC vs independent, is dildotronic really a crap gear box and the great 993 chassis leg scare. Then numerous threads about depreciation, followed by appreciation and subsequent cases of residual terror being diagnosed.

The illuminati are here to offer gentle, yet profound advice to those owners who remain dedicated to the cause. Many answers are perennial- install a Becker the Continental indicates a lack of moral fortitude Divest yourself of blue interior trim, it's sinful and not to be tolerated. If you seek to cut off your rear wiper know that installing a bung on the rear screen marks you as a non believer and a tightwad. Such a step requires the fitment of an RS rear screen coupled with discrete removal of the rear wiper switch from the console.

Simple easy to observe steps. As you were.

Damn, I missed the extremist zealots :eek:

highway said:
If you seek to cut off your rear wiper know that installing a bung on the rear screen marks you as a non believer and a tightwad. Such a step requires the fitment of an RS rear screen coupled with discrete removal of the rear wiper switch from the console.
As soon as I have enough "spare" Money in the Bank, the RS Screen will go in.. 8)

But.. :thumb:

Attachments

• d8pnz3ywkaaco_g_999.jpg
    d8pnz3ywkaaco_g_999.jpg
    864.4 KB · Views: 1,900
The air-cooled illuminati. Helping you get it right since (broadly) 2007.

Don't fear us. Embrace us. For we know the right path.

In my opinion, anyone who owns or has owned a classic 911 is illuminated.. :thumb:

I apologise if I'm being a bit dim, but I am new to this air cooled world. My question is this: are the Illuminati simply those who think that 993's and previous cars should be kept exactly as they left the factory? Or have I missed some nuance and it's more complex than that?
I'm finding it tricky to separate the banter from the reality, that's all. Cheers.

You think this is banter :nooo:

:grin:

Be careful the last person to try to establish what he needed to do to become illuminati was Zingari, he ended up being the only person to sell a 993 for a loss and you can still find some of the feathers and tar on him :judge:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back