Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Slowest AC Leak..... In the world

I do both of what Alex has said depending on the situation .. a nitrogen test takes time so its an agreed extra charge .

The machine will find some leaks .. you have to run it for longer than the default settings and you also need to know the model of car pretty well .. the difference between 1mb loss and 3 mb loss is about 3-4 months till a low gas situation .. if tested over 10 mins .

Start getting 8 mb loss and its 3 weeks on these cars .. that is a very small loss and the machine won't throw up a problem .. the mechanic is the one who should see this .

nitrogen is used when we know there is a leak .. we are not allowed by law to regas the car in this state .. big fines etc .

It's an over pressure and we look , listen and use soapy water on all the pipes we can to find the leak.

Often it's a pipe inside a clamp support that is the area of leak .. water ingress over years and a nice rubber bush to hold it there .

Most machines have an auto dye setting so it will inject dye regardless .. unless the mechanic switches it off so there should be the usual green lumiose dye in the system .. even if not .. any oil patch on an a/c pipe is a leak .

Sorry for the late reply. This thread has some great replies in it, thanks!

The condensers on my car have already been replaced (well, 5 years ago so I suppose not that new). Plus I have a mesh fitted on the front bumper.

Given that, I'm going to first see if I can spot anything obvious on the pipes, and will check near jacking points.

Thanks all!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back