Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to replace drive belt?

Geezer 911

Hi all/(Dermot/Iain)

Quick question? How much should I be paying to replace a drive belt? I have just been given a quote of £85x2 hours not including parts.

Cheers

thanks for the resposnes so far

I rushed typing in the subject on my way into work it was supposed to say how
much should it cost?

I have been advised as my car is a Gen 2 997, to replace a drive belt on this model we will have to remove the rear lights and rear bumper to get to a bolt that allows the belt to be removed. For this acharge 2 hours @ £85.00 per hour excluding parts.

I was wondering if that was accurate?

Geezer 911 said:
thanks for the resposnes so far

I rushed typing in the subject on my way into work it was supposed to say how
much should it cost?

I have been advised as my car is a Gen 2 997, to replace a drive belt on this model we will have to remove the rear lights and rear bumper to get to a bolt that allows the belt to be removed. For this acharge 2 hours @ £85.00 per hour excluding parts.

I was wondering if that was accurate?

That is not accurate. All you have to do is remove the airbox.

Whoever does it . . . . check the tensioner isn't seized.

Shall we just say .. i think the quoting garage made a mistake and leave it at that .

First picture on the above link ( previous post ) shows you the spacer and bolt that needs removing .

As P9XX has said .. there is a hole behind the number plate to gain access and so a PU/Bumper removal is not required .

As a stand alone job then its 0.6 - 0.7 hrs labour i would guess at .

Every one thank you for the advise it all makes perfect sense.

I'm disappointed with this Indy I spent alot of money with them in my 911 ownership. Frustrating I have to research a job for them.

Cheers again

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back