Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pitted headlights

gwaze

Hi all,

I've recently bought a 991.1 GT3 which is an amazing car. I've already had some fun with it but this is not the topic here.

Being too excited about purchasing the car, I didn't notice that the paint was in bad condition and the headlights were absolutely trashed. I saw that the car had a bad PPF on the front which I wanted to change.

I took the car to Topaz and the conditions was worse than I thought. I basically had to repaint the whole front of the car. The paint is now looking great and the car is fully ppf'd.

The only thing they couldn't do was to improve the condition of the headlights. They tried to do what they could but they didn't want to be too aggressive. So I'm left with badly damaged headlights from a cosmetic point of view. Otherwise the lights work perfectly and I have nothing to say on performance.

Is there a service you can recommend where they can refurbish the lights ? How much would that cost?

I can only suggest wet sanding followed by various grades of polish to try & cut the plastic back as you would with the paint.

It takes patience, time & effort to do, but can be done provided the chips are shallow enough.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back