Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve decided to expand on the GT3C theme. Just for fun.

Personally I think it looks great. But then again I would as I too have an Aero Bobby kit, I looked at quite a few before purchasing this. As you do..... BUT when I saw mine in GT Silver at no point did I think I can't have this because it's a fake ? It left the factory with it as it was specced by the original owner as well as a whole raft of other options which it left the factory with.

When I looked at standard spec C4S's after seeing mine they all looked a bit samey and a bit bland, comparing spec nothing came close either and I'm not about to start removing the PSE or the adaptive sports seats, nor am I about to start cutting holes in the roof because it doesn't have and some people like them.

If I'm honest 99% of the population don't even understand the Porsche hierarchy let alone know the difference between a standard 911 and a GT3 RS so I wouldn't be loosing any sleep at all over what any one thinks about your car, at the end of the day it's your car, you can add bit's to it or take it off to make it personal. The stumbling block with these things is just that. Mine looks the same as it did in 2006...... the fist owners car looks exactly like the second and to alter the look of a car that looks this good is difficult.
Fortunately it's been done utilising what I would call genuine parts, factory spec probably bought thro a dealer network or salvaged from a donor vehicle, I wouldn't call it aftermarket as it looks to me very much like the like the real deal. You just need to make it your own, and that I think is where you are finding it difficult.

By the way, mines got Carrera 4S on its bum and I've not thought about replacing that once ?

NLW73 said:
if you had the money for a 997 GT3 then I would not hesitate to go out and get one of those!! you are never going to lose much on one of those whereas a normal Carrera will lose even with an aero kit. and you have a mezger engine

some folks have converted GT3 comforts to have seats and seat belts with the holders so you can enjoy it like a true tourer. if I had the money that is what I would do without question.

Financially as an investment the GT3 would be a better way to go. But I don't think I would drive it as much. So it seems a bit mad to spend 3 times as much for something which I will enjoy less.

If I had the cash for a 4 car Supercar stable then yes. A real GT3 would be mine.

:thumb:
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint :D

Attachments

• car_92_crop_4_999.jpg
    car_92_crop_4_999.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,531
K9SKO said:

Looks awesome, but do you have a GT3 badge on the back?

Nope, just a 911 badge in black :thumb:

Hertsdriver said:
C11BRA said:
Love all the responses. Some say remove all GT3 references, some say just the rear badge, some say do what you want. (Love the quote from isysman: 'when you buy it off me, feel free to remove them')

I'm going to think about it for a while. I'm torn.

I kinda like the fact that it might fool 95% of the public.
I've calculated that of the 5% that can tell it's fake, 1% are jealous, 1% say do what you want, 1% think I have really small man parts, 1% think I should be shot and last 1% are Porsche brand purists (and I have a great deal of respect for purists).

Did anyone see my last car? The silver 996.1? I went completely against the grain with that car. LED lights at the rear, bespoke headlamps from F1 parts, A hybrid bumper 996/997T with LED lights and even non Porsche wheels. Even the genuine 996 Aero kit rear spoiler/wing was the 996.2 version! I was lucky not to have my really small man parts removed by a blunt blade and hung outside the factory gates.

So. Now I have a car that looks pretty much like my dream car, don't we think it will look a bit daft with Carrera on its bum?

There is no right or wrong answer it seems.

I read all of your last thread and was very impressed by the car and what you did to it, but this is something completely different, on your 996 you were being individual, doing mods that were unique. This is just a clone and it doesnt yet have any of your personal touch. Are you thinking of going down the same route as the 996 with this car, ie making it more individual with some one off ideas?

As far as wont it look a bit daft with a Carrera badge on it - it is a Carrera, just one with a largely pointless bodykit (personal opinion, they are ugly and spoil the lines).
If advertising what you actually drive (rather than currently advertising what you dont) troubles you to that extent, go with the '911' option on the rear?

Either way I look forward to reading what you do to it as your last thread was a great read :thumb:

Thanks Hertsdriver

I see your point. My last car was way off piste. This time I fancy spending my efforts in a slightly more official Porsche route. Let's see how this pans out.

BTW. Do you go the Ace meets?

K9SKO said:

Looks mega! Black roof too?

C11BRA said:
K9SKO said:

Yes indeed and the blade on the rear spoiler is also black.
Looks much better in silver / black combination.

K9SKO said:

As most have said. just lose the GT3 badges. Remove the dial face if not too much work and enjoy the car!

K9SKO said:

Nice, i do like that, are the black bits wrapped?

FZP said:
Step 1. Hairdryer the badge
Step 2. Dental floss the badge off
Step 3. Polish off any remaining marks
Step 4. Enjoy your car.

I wouldn't worry about the wheel centres or the rev counter(effort vs reward?). The car looks good, I would love a front and rear GT3 for my car.

Same leave the rest looks great :bye:

antonio said:
K9SKO said:

Nice, i do like that, are the black bits wrapped?

Only the roof is wrapped.
Front lip, mirrors and rear blade on the spoiler are painted.

Oooooh. This could stir the hornests nest!

How about I remove the 3 from GT3 and replace it with the Black C from the Carrera badge?

Porsche GTC

GT'C'

C for Carrera
C for Copy
C for Clone
C for Coc|<
C for Cr@p
C for C***

We already have the unofficial CLR

And the Singer DLS

Surely GTC is a compromise.

(Withdrawn to safe distance)