Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 22
997 : 2004- 65
996 : 1997-2005 33
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 8
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
NLW73
Albert Park


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 1550
Location: Yateley


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you had the money for a 997 GT3 then I would not hesitate to go out and get one of those!! you are never going to lose much on one of those whereas a normal Carrera will lose even with an aero kit. and you have a mezger engine

some folks have converted GT3 comforts to have seats and seat belts with the holders so you can enjoy it like a true tourer. if I had the money that is what I would do without question.
_________________
997 C2s Schwarz
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Robert SausageTrousers
Monza


Joined: 02 Apr 2018
Posts: 222



PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange thread, as you've obviously just bought this car so it's hard to work out why you've bought it if you want to change it?

But as you've asked for opinions - if it were me I would strip anything that says GT3 from it before daring to remove it from my garage. I used to be into VW's and can remember kids putting GTI badges on their 1.3 Golf CL's - it was painfully embarrassing to see, and if I'm being honest I think to turn a 911 into a GT3 replica is way worse, especially going to the lengths of changing the sills/dash etc, I can't fathom why anyone would you want to drive a Carrera with a GT3 dash?

Not for me, but it's your car, you obviously like it as you've just bought it!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kryton
Nürburgring


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 409



PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's your car OP do what makes you happy Thumb
_________________
2019 Boxster
WP RS on its way
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
991.2GTS
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 02 Apr 2019
Posts: 358
Location: Yorkshire


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert SausageTrousers wrote:
Strange thread, as you've obviously just bought this car so it's hard to work out why you've bought it if you want to change it?

But as you've asked for opinions - if it were me I would strip anything that says GT3 from it before daring to remove it from my garage. I used to be into VW's and can remember kids putting GTI badges on their 1.3 Golf CL's - it was painfully embarrassing to see, and if I'm being honest I think to turn a 911 into a GT3 replica is way worse, especially going to the lengths of changing the sills/dash etc, I can't fathom why anyone would you want to drive a Carrera with a GT3 dash?

Not for me, but it's your car, you obviously like it as you've just bought it!


I'm with you. It's a bit painful to see a car dressed up like that. I want every Porsche to be the same as when it left the factory, no after market nonsense whatsoever. That's why I'm not a huge fan of backdating, such as the stuff Singer produce. They are nice to look at, but it's still wrong in my eyes. Finger
_________________
2019 991.2 C4 GTS - Crayon
2019 Macan Turbo - Volcano Grey
2019 VW Up! GTI - White

Ex 2018 991.2 GT3 - Crayon (Well, for 26 days anyway.....)
Ex 2018 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey
Ex 2016 Macan Diesel S - Black
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Hertsdriver
Nürburgring


Joined: 12 Nov 2018
Posts: 443
Location: Hertfordshire/London

2004 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C11BRA wrote:
Love all the responses. Some say remove all GT3 references, some say just the rear badge, some say do what you want. (Love the quote from isysman: ‘when you buy it off me, feel free to remove them’)

I’m going to think about it for a while. I’m torn.

I kinda like the fact that it might fool 95% of the public.
I’ve calculated that of the 5% that can tell it’s fake, 1% are jealous, 1% say do what you want, 1% think I have really small man parts, 1% think I should be shot and last 1% are Porsche brand purists (and I have a great deal of respect for purists).

Did anyone see my last car? The silver 996.1? I went completely against the grain with that car. LED lights at the rear, bespoke headlamps from F1 parts, A hybrid bumper 996/997T with LED lights and even non Porsche wheels. Even the genuine 996 Aero kit rear spoiler/wing was the 996.2 version! I was lucky not to have my really small man parts removed by a blunt blade and hung outside the factory gates.

So. Now I have a car that looks pretty much like my dream car, don’t we think it will look a bit daft with Carrera on its bum?

There is no right or wrong answer it seems.


I read all of your last thread and was very impressed by the car and what you did to it, but this is something completely different, on your 996 you were being individual, doing mods that were unique. This is just a clone and it doesnt yet have any of your personal touch. Are you thinking of going down the same route as the 996 with this car, ie making it more individual with some one off ideas?

As far as wont it look a bit daft with a Carrera badge on it - it is a Carrera, just one with a largely pointless bodykit (personal opinion, they are ugly and spoil the lines).
If advertising what you actually drive (rather than currently advertising what you dont) troubles you to that extent, go with the '911' option on the rear?

Either way I look forward to reading what you do to it as your last thread was a great read Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C4Silver
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 255



PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it looks great. But then again I would as I too have an Aero Bobby kit, I looked at quite a few before purchasing this. As you do..... BUT when I saw mine in GT Silver at no point did I think I can’t have this because it’s a fake ? It left the factory with it as it was specced by the original owner as well as a whole raft of other options which it left the factory with.

When I looked at standard spec C4S’s after seeing mine they all looked a bit samey and a bit bland, comparing spec nothing came close either and I’m not about to start removing the PSE or the adaptive sports seats, nor am I about to start cutting holes in the roof because it doesn’t have and some people like them.

If I’m honest 99% of the population don’t even understand the Porsche hierarchy let alone know the difference between a standard 911 and a GT3 RS so I wouldn’t be loosing any sleep at all over what any one thinks about your car, at the end of the day it’s your car, you can add bit’s to it or take it off to make it personal. The stumbling block with these things is just that. Mine looks the same as it did in 2006...... the fist owners car looks exactly like the second and to alter the look of a car that looks this good is difficult.
Fortunately it’s been done utilising what I would call genuine parts, factory spec probably bought thro a dealer network or salvaged from a donor vehicle, I wouldn’t call it aftermarket as it looks to me very much like the like the real deal. You just need to make it your own, and that I think is where you are finding it difficult.

By the way, mines got Carrera 4S on its bum and I’ve not thought about replacing that once ?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C11BRA
Montreal


Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 622
Location: North London. Herts.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NLW73 wrote:
if you had the money for a 997 GT3 then I would not hesitate to go out and get one of those!! you are never going to lose much on one of those whereas a normal Carrera will lose even with an aero kit. and you have a mezger engine

some folks have converted GT3 comforts to have seats and seat belts with the holders so you can enjoy it like a true tourer. if I had the money that is what I would do without question.


Financially as an investment the GT3 would be a better way to go. But I don’t think I would drive it as much. So it seems a bit mad to spend 3 times as much for something which I will enjoy less.

If I had the cash for a 4 car Supercar stable then yes. A real GT3 would be mine.
_________________
2006 997.1 C2 man. Totally standard. Honest?
2018 Audi A4 Avant Black Edition.
Ex 996 C2 Man.
Ex Ram Cobra V8.
Ex Series 1 RS Turbo.

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
K9SKO
Trainee


Joined: 14 Feb 2016
Posts: 52
Location: Oldham

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint Very Happy
_________________
997.1 C2S, Chrono pack, PSE, Aero kit, Sport seats, LED rear lights, Tints. Smile grill
 



car-9.2 crop 4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB
 Viewed:  677 Time(s)

car-9.2 crop 4.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nigel99
Barcelona


Joined: 16 Jul 2015
Posts: 1352
Location: Berkshire

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K9SKO wrote:
Thumb
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint Very Happy


Looks awesome, but do you have a GT3 badge on the back?
_________________
Current: 997.2 C2S, Audi TTS mk3
Previous: Cayman 987.1, Audi TT mk1 , BMW e46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
K9SKO
Trainee


Joined: 14 Feb 2016
Posts: 52
Location: Oldham

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, just a 911 badge in black Thumb
_________________
997.1 C2S, Chrono pack, PSE, Aero kit, Sport seats, LED rear lights, Tints. Smile grill
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C11BRA
Montreal


Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 622
Location: North London. Herts.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hertsdriver wrote:
C11BRA wrote:
Love all the responses. Some say remove all GT3 references, some say just the rear badge, some say do what you want. (Love the quote from isysman: ‘when you buy it off me, feel free to remove them’)

I’m going to think about it for a while. I’m torn.

I kinda like the fact that it might fool 95% of the public.
I’ve calculated that of the 5% that can tell it’s fake, 1% are jealous, 1% say do what you want, 1% think I have really small man parts, 1% think I should be shot and last 1% are Porsche brand purists (and I have a great deal of respect for purists).

Did anyone see my last car? The silver 996.1? I went completely against the grain with that car. LED lights at the rear, bespoke headlamps from F1 parts, A hybrid bumper 996/997T with LED lights and even non Porsche wheels. Even the genuine 996 Aero kit rear spoiler/wing was the 996.2 version! I was lucky not to have my really small man parts removed by a blunt blade and hung outside the factory gates.

So. Now I have a car that looks pretty much like my dream car, don’t we think it will look a bit daft with Carrera on its bum?

There is no right or wrong answer it seems.


I read all of your last thread and was very impressed by the car and what you did to it, but this is something completely different, on your 996 you were being individual, doing mods that were unique. This is just a clone and it doesnt yet have any of your personal touch. Are you thinking of going down the same route as the 996 with this car, ie making it more individual with some one off ideas?

As far as wont it look a bit daft with a Carrera badge on it - it is a Carrera, just one with a largely pointless bodykit (personal opinion, they are ugly and spoil the lines).
If advertising what you actually drive (rather than currently advertising what you dont) troubles you to that extent, go with the '911' option on the rear?

Either way I look forward to reading what you do to it as your last thread was a great read Thumb


Thanks Hertsdriver

I see your point. My last car was way off piste. This time I fancy spending my efforts in a slightly more official Porsche route. Let’s see how this pans out.

BTW. Do you go the Ace meets?
_________________
2006 997.1 C2 man. Totally standard. Honest?
2018 Audi A4 Avant Black Edition.
Ex 996 C2 Man.
Ex Ram Cobra V8.
Ex Series 1 RS Turbo.

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C11BRA
Montreal


Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 622
Location: North London. Herts.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K9SKO wrote:
Thumb
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint Very Happy


Looks mega! Black roof too?
_________________
2006 997.1 C2 man. Totally standard. Honest?
2018 Audi A4 Avant Black Edition.
Ex 996 C2 Man.
Ex Ram Cobra V8.
Ex Series 1 RS Turbo.

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
K9SKO
Trainee


Joined: 14 Feb 2016
Posts: 52
Location: Oldham

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C11BRA wrote:
K9SKO wrote:
Thumb
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint Very Happy


Looks mega! Black roof too?


Yes indeed and the blade on the rear spoiler is also black.
Looks much better in silver / black combination.
_________________
997.1 C2S, Chrono pack, PSE, Aero kit, Sport seats, LED rear lights, Tints. Smile grill
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C11BRA
Montreal


Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 622
Location: North London. Herts.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K9SKO wrote:
Thumb
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint Very Happy


Looks mega! Black roof too?
_________________
2006 997.1 C2 man. Totally standard. Honest?
2018 Audi A4 Avant Black Edition.
Ex 996 C2 Man.
Ex Ram Cobra V8.
Ex Series 1 RS Turbo.

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jl-c
Monza


Joined: 22 Jul 2013
Posts: 224
Location: Shropshire


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most have said. just lose the GT3 badges. Remove the dial face if not too much work and enjoy the car!
_________________
Porsche Carrera 2S 2005 black fully Hartech'd!, BMW Z4 coupé 2007 blue, Mazda Eunos 1996 yellow, VW Passat 2014 black.


We all do silly things/make mistakes, it's how we deal with them that sets us apart from animals and Americans.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
antonio
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 349


2005 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K9SKO wrote:
Thumb
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint Very Happy


Nice, i do like that, are the black bits wrapped?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Hamster75
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 343
Location: Chester


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
Step 1. Hairdryer the badge
Step 2. Dental floss the badge off
Step 3. Polish off any remaining marks
Step 4. Enjoy your car.

I wouldn't worry about the wheel centres or the rev counter(effort vs reward?). The car looks good, I would love a front and rear GT3 for my car.


Same leave the rest looks great bye
_________________
991.1 C2S Red
997.2 C4 White
924 Blue
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
K9SKO
Trainee


Joined: 14 Feb 2016
Posts: 52
Location: Oldham

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antonio wrote:
K9SKO wrote:
Thumb
Here's mine with the kit.
I've had it for over 6 years now.
Drive it everyday. Well mint Very Happy


Nice, i do like that, are the black bits wrapped?


Only the roof is wrapped.
Front lip, mirrors and rear blade on the spoiler are painted.
_________________
997.1 C2S, Chrono pack, PSE, Aero kit, Sport seats, LED rear lights, Tints. Smile grill
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C11BRA
Montreal


Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 622
Location: North London. Herts.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh. This could stir the hornests nest!

How about I remove the 3 from GT3 and replace it with the Black C from the Carrera badge?

Porsche GTC

GT’C’

C for Carrera
C for Copy
C for Clone
C for Coc|<
C for Cr@p
C for C***


We already have the unofficial CLR

And the Singer DLS

Surely GTC is a compromise.





(Withdrawn to safe distance)
_________________
2006 997.1 C2 man. Totally standard. Honest?
2018 Audi A4 Avant Black Edition.
Ex 996 C2 Man.
Ex Ram Cobra V8.
Ex Series 1 RS Turbo.

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C4Silver
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 255



PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d get that patented sharpish...... 😂
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum