Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Illuminati

911livin

Monza
Can someone explain?

I think I had one inquire about my car.

He was concerned about why I have a Pilot sport cup 2 instead of Continental.. :eek:

I hope you told him 'cos Contis are shiote and only worn by anoraks' :grin:

Alex said:
I hope you told him 'cos Contis are shiote and only worn by anoraks' :grin:

What he said...what an odd thing to say, I mean if they wanted to they could always buy the car and put whatever set of tyres they wanted on it.
Obviously wasn't going to be a good owner for your 993 if he was going to disgrace it with Conti's..

Lol 😂

Michelin all the way.

No sandals for me. 🙂

Fortunately the Illuminati as a breed seem to have largely died out on here: apart from in the minds of a few poor souls scarred by their obsession with originality, mileage and appreciation.

I might be wrong but the balance seems to be people happily using, modding and enjoying their cars.

Certainly using the 993. Thanks to this Forum I'm driving my 993 to Budapest on Saturday for next weeks World Masters Rowing Champs. I must be mad because I have a Mini and a 997 both with warranties.

If I make it I will let you know

Also this involved changing my bank account of 37 years from Lloyds to Nationwide to get their breakdown cover which includes Hungary and Slovenia

hopeydaze said:
Post some photos here on the way..! Sounds like an epic RoadTrip.. 8)

nickjonesn4 said:
Fortunately the Illuminati as a breed seem to have largely died out on here: apart from in the minds of a few poor souls scarred by their obsession with originality, mileage and appreciation.

I might be wrong but the balance seems to be people happily not using but modding and enjoying their cars.

I've corrected that for you :thumb:

hopeydaze said:

You will make it.. I drove my 993 from UK to Barcelona and back, sweet as a nut no issues.

nickjonesn4 said:
A few poor souls scarred by their obsession with originality, mileage and appreciation.

If they have RS or Turbo S, then maybe.. but no other 993

Ever since I got the car back from the body shop with the new windscreen, I am sure the wiper position isn't quite right (wiper widget is still there though)...sure it would give the Illuminati cold sweats!

You should have told the chap it was on Contis, and on its original engine oil too to gauge the reaction :bandit:

hopeydaze said:
Certainly using the 993. Thanks to this Forum I'm driving my 993 to Budapest on Saturday for next weeks World Masters Rowing Champs. I must be mad because I have a Mini and a 997 both with warranties.

This sounds great. Just what they were made for. Have fun :thumbs:

Stone's throw away :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back