Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve decided to expand on the GT3C theme. Just for fun.

I don't know about any one else, as I wasn't preaching, I was responding to what appears to be a genuine question from the OP about what to do with his car. You can run whatever you want on your car. It's your car and I'm not going to give you ***** about it.

isysman said:
Wow all the preachers here: 'remove anything that says GT3' 'it's an outrage, sacrilege, taking the name in vain, a travesty of a mockery of a shame...'

I think you all need to chill out, telling him to remove the dash because it dares says GT3. That's crazy, and as someone who has changed the dials in a dash, a lot of work and expensive.

Bottom line is this, if it makes you uncomfortable to have the badge On the rear then by all means remove it. I'd leave everything else, because it's expensive and difficult to replace sills etc (I know if done all of this). However if it makes YOU happy to have it there then leave it and enjoy. It's just a car and it's all about fun. Remember it's your car and it's only needs to make you happy. If anyone tells you to remove the badges just say 'when you buy it off me feel free to remove them'.

I have modified my 997 Turbo to exact GT2RS spec and yes it has the badges. I don't care what anyone else thinks about that because it's my car and it makes me happy. This is the closest to a 997 GT2RS I'll ever get and every time I remove the cover it makes me smile like the 10 year old me at Christmas. So furk everyone else.

I think people were only responding to the direct question the OP asked! :?:

Sacrilegious, who cares. It looks terrific. The majority of people would not know what it is if they tripped over it. If you like it as is, keep it that way. Never mind the purists. :thumb:

Irk the purists.

MC

Isysman to be fair to you (and the OP) you car is MILES ahead of this car in terms of GT2 RS details , parts and near copy. yours is about a close as its gets to a GT2 RS (without the additional 400k bill ;-) )

OP asked us and we responded. some different views. I would just change the exterior badge and centre caps

chicb said:
Sacrilegious, who cares. It looks terrific. The majority of people would not know what it is if they tripped over it..

:lol: Haha, too true. To most people a 911 is a 911.

Car looks good either way.

If it was me I'd remove the wing and replace it with a Carrera lid - then I'd replace the "GT3" badges with "GT3 Touring" ones. There was never a 997 era GT3 Touring so I'm sure i'd be fine from a purist point of view :grin:

Just remove anything that says GT3

Love all the responses. Some say remove all GT3 references, some say just the rear badge, some say do what you want. (Love the quote from isysman: 'when you buy it off me, feel free to remove them')

I'm going to think about it for a while. I'm torn.

I kinda like the fact that it might fool 95% of the public.
I've calculated that of the 5% that can tell it's fake, 1% are jealous, 1% say do what you want, 1% think I have really small man parts, 1% think I should be shot and last 1% are Porsche brand purists (and I have a great deal of respect for purists).

Did anyone see my last car? The silver 996.1? I went completely against the grain with that car. LED lights at the rear, bespoke headlamps from F1 parts, A hybrid bumper 996/997T with LED lights and even non Porsche wheels. Even the genuine 996 Aero kit rear spoiler/wing was the 996.2 version! I was lucky not to have my really small man parts removed by a blunt blade and hung outside the factory gates.

So. Now I have a car that looks pretty much like my dream car, don't we think it will look a bit daft with Carrera on its bum?

There is no right or wrong answer it seems.

Why don't you just put 911 on the rear and leave it alone it looks stunning. I wouldn't change anything about it :thumb:

C11BRA said:

This is a bit sad if you need to pretend to have something that you haven't. It's the same as wearing a fake rolex and thinking you're Johnny big balls when at the end of the day it's a £15 wrist watch.

Your car is a wonderful thing already, enjoy it as a 911, not a GT3.

I'm guessing you really liked how it looks now, and the way it looks played a big part in your decision to buy it?

If so, then you really should just have it how you want and not be bothered by what others think.
I honestly respect anyones opinion on their choices of car mods etc .. and it's a 911 at the end of the day, they're all great!

BUT :lol: since you're asking

If i was to make a Carrera more like a GT3, the last thing i'd do is put the badges/aero etc on, i'd be more interested in making it feel more like a GT3 by upgrading suspension, cutting weight where i could, better brakes etc. I don't understand why people just want to make people think their car is a GT3, but not actually improve the handling and feel of the car, to me, that's why you have a GT3, for the fun they are to drive, the looks are mostly just a bonus from the purposeful upgrades they have (big brakes, aero for more downforce etc).
I'd love to put carbon buckets in mine, remove the rear seats, improve the suspension, put a lightened flywheel in it and just keep the little 911 badge on the rear. I'd like to make it more of a kinda 964 RS inspired 997, stripped back Carrera, raw and just enhance how it is already.

How ever you get your enjoyment out of the car, go with that, at the end of the day

8)

I like it :thumb:

nigel99 said:
C11BRA said:

This is a bit sad if you need to pretend to have something that you haven't. It's the same as wearing a fake rolex and thinking you're Johnny big balls when at the end of the day it's a £15 wrist watch.

Your car is a wonderful thing already, enjoy it as a 911, not a GT3.

Your comment is the only sad thing :nooo: Your poor analogy does not work, as the car is a Porsche, not a MR2 with a GT3 kit.

Ignore the haters and their precious snowflake sensibilities, as already point out do what works for you!!

Nobody seems to have an issue with the hundreds of 964 RS homages out there, yet put a GT3 badge on a 996/997 Carrera and the small minded are up in arms!!

Looks great. As you say not the real deal but will fool most from a distance. Just lacking some folding bucket seats..
I've some for sale if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back