Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I've got a stuck bolt removing rear strut, help!?

Top nut? I usually just buzz them off with the impact driver. I do have a through socket set with means you can hold the Allen key part with a ratchet and then the through ratchet to undo the other but I've never had to actually use it!! My mate borrowed it for his caddy however

Success!! Thanks for the help everyone. Top nut was a couple of over night soaks in penetrating oil and it came off pretty easily. Putting it all back together was relatively straight forward, although the bottom bolt that caused issues coming out didn't want to go back in easily (trying to get suspension all in the right place for the holes to match up) so I had the joy of smacking bits of my car's suspension with a lump hammer until everything was in the right place (one poor swing away from needing to do other, more troublesome, work).

Now to do the other side. Hopefully be able to do it in a day now, let's find out on Sunday.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back