Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window operation by key

Seventy Seven

Ok, being lazy and not looking in manual; as I'm sure some of you guys will know the answer/link to a previous thread!

My windows drop if the key fob is held (or accidentally pushed in pocket!); but don't go back up in the same way.

Can I get the key to do both or probably ideally disable this option altogether? Or is it an OPC item?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

On unlocking if you hold the key button the windows will drop .. if on locking you hold the button the windows will close .. if either of these doesn't happen then the coding needs altering .

You have the option of turning this off having unlock only , having close only or both .

It also needs to be coded for each key you have .

It's called comfort open / close in the rear CU i believe and not the PAS , can't remember off hand without looking .

Done via a tester so Indy or OPC .

Thank you :thumb:

Nope Gen 1 as well, mine does it 👍

This is what I wanted but they only managed to do lock/window drop. I just ran out to the garage to try. I'll be on to this shortly, thanks gents :thumb:

Interesting, didn't realise Porsches had this function.

I have it on my BMW and its a nice option for when approaching the car when its been parked in the sun in summer to start getting the temp down inside.

we used to have an issue with the grey key fob activating the comfort open unintentionally .. button pressed whilst key in your pocket basically ...

We turned off comfort settings on an awful lot of cars until Porsche came up with a fix .. it extended the time the button was pressed until the car reacted .

Hence an awful lot are still coded off .. many customers didn't even know this system was there !

All 997 have comfort .. as i mentioned above .. comfort open or close .. they are both individually coded so you just say what you want .

As long as a tester can code these cars then any tester will do .. i tend to find the lower priced ones dont have code options though ..

Durametric does indeed do some coding but i'm unfamiliar with it so can't say if it will code these .

easy enough for an Indy or OPC to do it though and if you do still have the grey coloured key fob then get the buttons coded to 1100 milliseconds just in case :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back