Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2019 Macan Turbo revealed with 434bhp

Porsche News

Porsche's flagship Macan variant brings 2.9-litre twin-turbo six-cylinder engine

The flagship Turbo model of the revised Macan range has been revealed ahead of its public debut at the Frankfurt motor show.

Sitting above the mid-range Macan S, the Turbo commands a price premium of nearly £20,000 at £68,530, and is available to order now. For that you get significantly more power: 434bhp, to be precise, which is nearly ten percent more than the pre-facelift Macan Turbo.

The power boost comes courtesy of a new 2.9-litre twin-turbo V6, replacing the old 3.6-litre unit. It's the same engine found in the latest Cayenne and Panamera, with developments such as turbochargers mounted inside the 'V' of the cylinders and an integrated exhaust manifold. Both permit sharper turbo and throttle response, according to Porsche, along with improved efficiency.

Torque is rated at 405lb ft, put through a seven-speed PDK dual-clutch 'box and all-wheel drive. Porsche quotes a 0-62mph time of 4.3sec - three tenths faster than the old Turbo - and a top speed of 167mph. Fuel economy is quoted at between 23.5 and 24.8mpg under the WLTP testing regime.

The 2019 Macan Turbo isn't just about more straight-line pace, however. The standard kit tally includes special 'Porsche Surface Coated Brakes', which use a tungsten carbide disc coating to reduce wear and brake dust, and improve response. These are also now optional on lesser Macans.

Optional kit on the Turbo includes height adjustable air suspension with revised pistons and shock absorber hydraulics, Porsche's Torque Vectoring Plus system and ceramic brakes.

20in wheels and LED headlights are standard, alongside normally optional Sport Design bodywork details and a fixed double-wing rear spoiler. A sports exhaust system is also thrown in, while additional interior kit over standard Macans includes a surround sound system, 18-way electric memory sports seat and Alcantara roof lining.

Attachments

• f98ff9ea_porsche_macan_turbo_4_183.jpg
    f98ff9ea_porsche_macan_turbo_4_183.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 6,345
  • e9a9f744_porsche_macan_turbo_3_529.jpg
    e9a9f744_porsche_macan_turbo_3_529.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 6,345
  • a385501b_porsche_macan_turbo_2_668.jpg
    a385501b_porsche_macan_turbo_2_668.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 6,345
  • 1942ecd2_porsche_macan_turbo_1_199.jpg
    1942ecd2_porsche_macan_turbo_1_199.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 6,345
Had a new Macan as a courtesy car a few weeks ago and it drove beautifully, probably one of the best driving SUV's I've driven. My only criticism was it's power, so this solves that problem.
The green is a really stand out colour as well.
Also so many switches, why so many!!

I really miss my GTS, and was going to wait for the new one. But I'm impatient, so seriously considering one of these.

easternjets said:
Had a new Macan as a courtesy car a few weeks ago and it drove beautifully, probably one of the best driving SUV's I've driven. My only criticism was it's power, so this solves that problem.

I think that I may be able to make "Man Maths' justify a move into one of these sometime as a replacement for my family bus....

A mate had a diesel S Macan with a remap and it went like the proverbial off a hot shovel......handles night & day better than the cayenne... it really surprised me ( he traded it recently into an OPC for a new one without telling them its remapped so someone is going to pick up a rocketship .... )

I think the number of buttons isn't an issue and infinitely better than having all controls on a touchscreen like many have these days ... I hope the latest Porsches don't go that way ...
My Cayenne is festooned with buttons but you get used to them quickly and they are easy to drop your hand to without even taking eyes off the road ..

The only bugbear is that bloody Stop / start nonsense which I am sure will contribute to premature engine wear in future ......
I asked Porsche to code off on start but they wouldn't ...!

I'm with you on the Stop/Start nonsense feature. On my Towrag it only works when it feels like it and that's generally when you don't need it such as pulling up to a junction, there's a gap in the traffic and the engine switches off before you've even come to a standstill!!
If I'm in town I switch it off.

911TEL said:
easternjets said:

I think that I may be able to make "Man Maths' justify a move into one of these sometime as a replacement for my family bus....

A mate had a diesel S Macan with a remap and it went like the proverbial off a hot shovel......handles night & day better than the cayenne... it really surprised me ( he traded it recently into an OPC for a new one without telling them its remapped so someone is going to pick up a rocketship .... )

I think the number of buttons isn't an issue and infinitely better than having all controls on a touchscreen like many have these days ... I hope the latest Porsches don't go that way ...
My Cayenne is festooned with buttons but you get used to them quickly and they are easy to drop your hand to without even taking eyes off the road ..

The only bugbear is that bloody Stop / start nonsense which I am sure will contribute to premature engine wear in future ......

I'm with you on the buttons, they are much more intuitive and easier to use than if they were on a touchscreen. I recently had a Panamera for a few days as a loaner, and I really wished that had the centre console festooned with buttons rather than me trawling through endless screens trying to find stuff.

As regards the stop/start, the first thing I used to do in the Macan was push that button and the button for the sports exhaust. It soon became second nature.

I've specc'd a Turbo, think this is close to what I'd go for.......

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLS5V570

easternjets said:

Agree on the switches - I had one as a loaner for a day and it was great to drive but the sheer number of buttons drove me nuts. Keep it simple...

I've got my order in, and looking at a September build date too, which is a bonus. This is probably my final spec, but got a couple of weeks to lock down. I went with 20inch wheels on steel suspension, so it may not waft as well as the air suspension, but is the sportier setup.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVUPIM9

easternjets said:
I'm with you on the Stop/Start nonsense feature. On my Towrag it only works when it feels like it and that's generally when you don't need it such as pulling up to a junction, there's a gap in the traffic and the engine switches off before you've even come to a standstill!!

Alright matey! We've got a GTS and it's been a wonderful car. And it still is! I was talking with the wife about what next after the Macan.... And it'll probably be another Macan.
The stop/start nonsense is inhibited when you select 'sport' mode. Which is the first thing I do whenever I get a go in it. Can't get Mrs Idea out the thing :)

easternjets said:

That's exactly my thoughts on it ......and I don't want or need the facility .....

Maybe just my driving style that initiates it and I'm sure someone will explain exactly how it 'should' work ..... but I still want it coded off ..... The Yanks can have it done .... but not us Brits

Grrrrrr....

991.2GTS said:
911TEL said:
easternjets said:

I'm with you on the buttons, they are much more intuitive and easier to use than if they were on a touchscreen. I recently had a Panamera for a few days as a loaner, and I really wished that had the centre console festooned with buttons rather than me trawling through endless screens trying to find stuff.

As regards the stop/start, the first thing I used to do in the Macan was push that button and the button for the sports exhaust. It soon became second nature.

I've specc'd a Turbo, think this is close to what I'd go for.......

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLS5V570

Good spec ... nice looking motor ... I also like the 'Volcano grey'

I'll need to go on the conbobulator and price one ......
See what I can't have yet ( next year tho)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back