Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 aftermarket intake

OllyW

Silverstone
Compared to most other cars, there seems to be very few aftermarket options for the intake on my 997.2 C2S.

I know the stock system isn't bad, but other than Fabspeed (which as far as I'm aware, you can't even buy in this country), what do people fit?

It's probably just that the standard one is as good as it gets.

Magic919 said:
It's probably just that the standard one is as good as it gets.

This.

Olly , I sent my car to Chipwizards who are arguable the best mappers in the UK . I sent it with the old OE airbox and 2 BMC air filters and a fabspeed carbon twin cone performance induction. after extensive trials the fabspeed was removed as it produced very slightly worse power curve and BHP than the stock airbox with BMC filters in . I was disappointed as it sounded brutal with the fabspeed and if your happy to sacrifice power for sound and a pretty engine bay then fit one, but never ever be under the illusion they improve power because I did the trial comparison so we could know categorically in a like for like comparison what the unbiased result would be. I also have a car with cargraphic exhaust and IPD TB etc. . So the argument that they only work as a set of mods inc exhaust also won't stand up . :thumb: my advise is fit a couple of BMC filters and get a good map :thumb:

Phil, do the BMC filters alone give an audible/noticble change in induction sound inside the cabin?

A slight increase when I fitted mine. Not massive. Not £140 quidsworth. (Luckily I spotted that amazon made an error so I got mine for £35 :grin: )

Mark sorry I missed the question ,as James said a slight increase but it does feel a bit more free reving but not as noticeable as on the gen1 . :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back