Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ollys 997.2 C2S

FZP said:
OllyW said:
Making progress.

Modified the centre air duct from the stock bumper to fit this as obviously I don't have a third radiator.

I'm going to get some mesh in the middle to match the other intakes though.
Oily
I saw somewhere where instead of putting the mesh in the 3rr rad position, they made the left and right mesh bend behind the uprights so u effect were l shaped. Leaving the centre open whilst still stopping the debris from going anywhere once it entered the centre rad location. Just a mention in case it was of interest to you

Thanks for that and I do know what you mean but it's more than look that I want to get right, hence the extra grille.

Done a couple of track days, loving the setup of the car and the grip from the Cup 2s are just phenomenal.

Fitted a Cup wing and had the wheels done in Weissach gold.

Quite like the look of the wing without the wing for the road, the ducktail and twin scoops look quite good.

Attachments

• image2_574.jpeg
    image2_574.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 2,889
One with the wing taken off.

Attachments

• image1_570.jpeg
    image1_570.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 2,887
Stop right there mate , you have nailed it now :D
image1_570.jpeg

Looks sublime whereas some of the previous wheels & grey wrap with the drop it looked a mess :sad: different yes but better ? NO
I was into page 3 thinking " man , this guy has taken a cracking car , thrown a load of cash at it & totally destroyed it " :oops:

me&my997 said:
Stop right there mate , you have nailed it now :D
image1_570.jpeg

Looks sublime whereas some of the previous wheels & grey wrap with the drop it looked a mess :sad: different yes but better ? NO
I was into page 3 thinking " man , this guy has taken a cracking car , thrown a load of cash at it & totally destroyed it " :oops:

To be fair though, the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. You mentioned the wheels for example, E88s have been the go-to choice of motorsport wheels for decades, they're timeless and if I could have afforded to step them up to 19", they'd still be on the car.

Looks great :thumbs:

6 pt harness

Hi Olly,
wonderful project, your car was wonderful in nardo grey.
I have a project near to yours for the Nordschleife.

I was also interested by replacing the seats with "copy" of the 997 mk2 GT3.
Could you please tell to me if it is possible to use 6 point Shroth harness with these seats ?

Many thanks
pb

Olly,

Just read through the mods you carried out and really like what you have done. Sorry to hear about the engine but at least now it's been replaced with a 2 year Porsche warranted unit.

Did you ever get the camber sorted on your car. If so did you use adjustable camber top mount plates or lca? And if so which ones?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back