Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any one know this car?

Don't have to be an expert to compare prices in adverts.

Yes

strange how a perfectly genuine question, which , gentlemen, you answered for me, thank you, turns into a sniping competition :roll:

resigner said:
Alex is spot on, Cabrio prices in the UK are higher than coupes.....

It can be your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's correct. Opinions are not facts.....
It's a perplexing fact considering the cabs are pug ugly no matter how far back you go. In my opinion of course.

It's pretty simple, cabs cost slightly more, and there are 214 coupes for sale on Pistonheads, and 93 cabrios.

I have a cabrio, I've had soft tops since 1999. For me, the roof down on a nice day, is the most important thing. Tunnel blasting roof down PSE on is pretty awesome as well :) Wife has a an M240 Cabrio. We like soft tops :) Can't see me ever having a hardtop, of anything, even a daily driver if I stop using my 997 as a daily......

Oh and back on the subject, £19k I think is a great price for a Hartech rebuilt car and someone should snap it up assuming it checks out. Looks good in the pics though! Please buy it Alex, I live for the day I can tell you you're driving a ticking timebomb!!!! :)

:D :D :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

:grin:

Who wants to be a Sardine in a tin when you can fly like an Eagle?

resigner said:
It's pretty simple, cabs cost slightly more, and there are 214 coupes for sale on Pistonheads, and 93 cabrios.

Does that not tell you that when bought new the coupes were far more popular than convertibles hence pro rata its understandable there will be more for sale at any given time :dont know:

All i do know is ive just spent 7 years in the Z4 world , bought - owned -enjoyed -sold 14 different cars in total , a mix of engine+gearbox & also a mix of convertible & coupe .
The convertibles always worth 10-20% less than the equivalent engine/spec coupe .
That isn't my opinion , it's a fact :thumb:

Maybe its the fact 911 coupes were cheaper new :chin:

There will always be a minority of people who despite the compromises want open topped sports car motoring.

I prefer the coupe version of most convertibles that were made available as both. Even the venerable E-type I prefer as a coupe, although not the 2+2 version!

What compromises are their? With other manufacturers I can see it with scuttle shake, etc. but there isn't any with these. The cab is more versatile in some ways than the coupe, eg: space.

I can fit a set of these in mine no problem.

72335_pi.jpeg

Alex said:
What compromises are their? With other manufacturers I can see it with scuttle shake, etc. but there isn't any with these. The cab is more versatile in some ways than the coupe, eg: space.

I can fit a set of these in mine no problem.

72335_pi.jpeg

And I can fit a set on mine.

Compromises? An extra 60kg (give or take) in weight, added complexity, security (you can't get in a coupe with a stanley knife), initial cost and of course the biggest one, the way it looks. The 911 cab can hardly be called aesthetically pleasing, that rear 3/4 view is particularly awful.

You can get in any car with a Stanley knife. Although where I live you wouldn't need to as I either leave the roof down or doors unlocked.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back