Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking forward to learning all about the 997

C11BRA

Suzuka
Looking forward to learning all about the 997.

Might call it GT3 Komfort Replik

That looks ace! 997s with genuine aerokit are a rare thing.

Must admit though, anything with a GT3 badge on it that isn't a GT3 screams of an inferiority complex but hey, each to their own. :grin:

If you ever want to move the centre caps on I can swap you some genuine brand new silver/black crested ones or buy them off you. I'm having my wheels done silver from gunmetal so need some silver ones for next year.

Good luck with it. 8)

PS. You need a GT3 baseball cap and shirt to complete the look. :D

C11BRA said:
Quite liking the more modern interior. But it still feels quite retro.

That interior's more retro than the 996! I like it though. And the car overall looks fantastic - good move!

Great looking car. 911's look so much more focused with fixed rear aero.

Nice colour. Wheels look chavvy but it's on your to do list.

Ignore the random wheel comment. I thought it had black centres with diamond rim

Nice looking car and aerokit cars look great. Good colour too

Previous owner done a lot of gt3 details there such as the centre exhaust pipes which are not cheap!!

Please remove the GT3 badges though as it just looks wrong and I think it ruins the car. Just have it plain at the back or have the 911 badge

The brakes are tiny compared to gt3 and it's not low enough to be a gt3. Does it have a sunroof?

Plus the gt3 does not have the multi function wheel

NLW73 said:

Previous owner done a lot of gt3 details there such as the centre exhaust pipes which are not cheap!!

Please remove the GT3 badges though as it just looks wrong and I think it ruins the car. Just have it plain at the back or have the 911 badge

The brakes are tiny compared to gt3 and it's not low enough to be a gt3. Does it have a sunroof?

/\/\/\/\ This :thumb:

Just wondering about that moustache ?

I quite like the look of that, I'm not bothered about the fact that it's not a GT3, has it got a 3rd rad up front and does it vent upwards as opposed to down ?

Just been and seen Rennline do a steel template for cutting out the hole in the bumper, the problem I have now is should I
😩

I know the GT3 clones aren't to everyone's taste. Let's just remember, that I've only had this car a few days so it's how it came.

I love the look and feel of the car, so the wheels, stance, terrorist centre exhaust, aerokit & Alcantara touchy feely parts are staying. So. Do I remove the GT3 wheel centres, door sill, rear badge & rev counter? Do I leave the rear badgeless? Surely a Carrera badge will also look wrong.

Essentially, I had the funds for a real 997 GT3 and on paper, it was a better financial move. But for about a third of the investment, I have a car that still looks how I like, but with considerably less risk. My final decision was based on less risk = more fun. (For me anyway). Seriously, I would worry so much about putting miles on a real GT3 that I think it would seriously effect my fun level. So this is the decision I made.

As my signature says. Purists look away. (I stand by that).

Guywilko said:
Ignore the random wheel comment. I thought it had black centres with diamond rim

Forgiven.

NLW73 said:

Exhaust is insane. Love it.
I am considering having a plain rear. I'm not trying to fool anyone. The car is for me & my family, not for anyone else.
The brakes are tiny. And thank heavens for that. They are ample for spirited driving around Europe and incredibly less expensive than PCCB.
Not low enough! Are you mad! Any lower and it would need hit pebbles.
No sunroof.

It has rear seats too. Which I need.
I spotted that GT3 never had MF wheels. But tbh. I like the MF so this is a bonus. Again, I am not creating a clone. Just cherry picking what I like about the GT3 at a fraction of the financial risk.

Honestly. I would be too scared to drive a real GT3 around Europe and mountain passes. And this is where I have 90% of my fun.

Oh. I haven't mentioned the mild engine upgrade yet. Later maybe.

C11BRA said:
NLW73 said:

Exhaust is insane. Love it.
I am considering having a plain rear. I'm not trying to fool anyone. The car is for me & my family, not for anyone else.
The brakes are tiny. And thank heavens for that. They are ample for spirited driving around Europe and incredibly less expensive than PCCB.
Not low enough! Are you mad! Any lower and it would need hit pebbles.
No sunroof.

It has rear seats too. Which I need.
I spotted that GT3 never had MF wheels. But tbh. I like the MF so this is a bonus. Again, I am not creating a clone. Just cherry picking what I like about the GT3 at a fraction of the financial risk.

Honestly. I would drive a real GT3 around Europe. And this is where I have 90% of my fun.

Oh. I haven't mentioned the mild engine upgrade yet. Later maybe.

It's your car mate, you do whatever you want to it. I think it looks wonderful. Just a word of advice though, don't put "NASCAR sucks" on the back of it if you are thinking of going to Alabama..😀😀

C4Silver said:
AND..... it doesn't have a GT3 Moustache ? 😂

That looks absolutely cracking 👍 attention to detail...... that's gotta bring a smile to your face ,

Well. Actually. If you mean the outlet vent.

It doesn't have the 3rd radiator. It's a manual C2 at heart as you know.

It does however, have the correct blank in the intake vent area under the number plate. So looks pretty neat.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a window sticker made up.

'My other car isn't a real GT3 either"

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back