Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Induction Box Will 3.4 fit a 3.6

Moko

Hi my Carrera 2 996 02 came with a K&N induction kit already fitted and I was thinking about returning it to stock and wondered if the 3.4 induction box would be ok to use on my 3.6?

Hope I've used the correct terminology for the big plastic air filter box :D

As pretty as that one is.. it's ten times more expensive than the one I've seen :)

same boxes. cheap as chips and loads out there.

block off the hole and take out the helmholz resonator. easy on 996 as screwed.

there is a nice BMC panel filter and block off and cold air intake hose for sale in the parts area here.

much better sound and breathing and easy to fit.

Thanks for the reply....does mine being a Tiptronic make any difference or are they the same for all models?

Not as far as I am aware.

The Tiptronic has a different set up around around the throttle body and Inlet manifold to help with gear box breathing and oil returns.

You might want to check with an Indy first

Your recommendations are too good the filter etc sold almost immediately after your post :)

In the end I managed to source a perfect condition airbox off EBay for the huge sum of £17 and the seller even threw in a brand new boxed air filter for it :lol:

I just hope running my 996 keeps on being this cheap :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back