Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

luggage storage behind seats

911Tip

Hi all,

We have a 996 C2.1 coupe and rear facing baby seat. It's a tight fit, and takes up quite a lot of space (Britax TWE).

I would like to be able to store stuff behind the seats on the shelf, but keep safely tied down.

Is there a specific box or net that allows this do you know? It's a relatively shallow place, but could hold packed clothes for example on a longer trip.

Thanks!

There is nothing Porsche or aftermarket that i'm aware of ..

However .. it would be pretty easy to fit a bracket to each rear panel .. a securing bracket for a net .. i'm thinking low down on the carpet .. couple of pk screws and a shaped bracket for a hook to lock onto.

Motor bikes have cargo nets as do cars .. it's just a matter of sourcing one the correct size for your needs .

If it was me .. i would remove the panel after marking where i wanted the brackets and make a U shape one so it grabs both sides of the panel then use screws to fit it in place .

Removing the panels isn't that hard and there is a workshop manuel in the 996 faq section .

I made a parcel shelf for mine when I go abroad in the car and I'm taking a lot of stuff. The shelf is the same colour as the rear carpet so looks factory and you wouldn't know anything was under there allowing me to leave items in there over night. My life is made easier for loading as its a Targa.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back