Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitting rear shocks. What else?

Alex

Now I've fit new shocks and top mounts on the front its highlighted the fact me rears are probably jiggered.

I'm going to fit new rears over the coming weeks but wondered if there is anything else whilst doing it. My plan was new top mounts, bump stops, drop links (aren't they a bitch to remove in situ?). Is this right and is there anything I've missed? No plan to change springs or any suspension arms.

I think you have it all covered. The drop links are easier to remove off the shock with the shock off the car - I installed new links on to the new shock, so i only had to undo them at the ARB.

I just gave my new shocks a coat of the clear Dynax, especially at the bottom where the drop link attaches and the water and crap collects. I also used the opportunity to remove the wheel arch liner, cleaned the whole area and Dynaxed it all.

Enjoy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back