Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

This car just makes me want to drive then drive some more

Know where your coming from the roads up there are great and empty you can really give it some welly...........I did that in my Ford Kuga........it was a family holiday :sad:

Like your instagram page btw :thumb:

I need to get my C2 up to Lancs by the looks of those roads. The surfaces are absolute balls down here in Kent.

The local council's idea of sorting a road surface is chucking ten ton of those asphalt clippings all over the shop and letting passing traffic squash all down. For the first few days it's a skid fest with loose chippings flying around your coach work :frustrated:

Counter Of Beans said:
down here on the South Coast you would quickly join the back of a convoy of cars, all trundling along at 40 mph. And all bunched up so you can't overtake. Or you might fancy a drive in the New Forest, which is lovely, but every single road is 40 mph limit. That's if you can bear the agony of miles of roadworks on the M27 to actually get there.

Amen to that...as someone who hails from Lancashire, spent his formative years blasting around the Lancs/Yorks moors, and now lives in the 40 mph (if you're lucky at this time of year) New Forest...

Had a few good drives out the last couple of months but Xmas we like to head off for 3-4 nights to get away from the usual family stuff & TV bilge.
This year we chose the North Yorkshire moors & Dales.
Today we headed to Whitby from Thirsk over the High roads , the climb from Sutton Bank mostly in the mist but down the other side was clear.
Very enjoyable day & more of the same tomorrow

Attachments

• 997_north_yorks_165.jpg
    997_north_yorks_165.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 3,276
  • 997_xmas_day_2_591.jpg
    997_xmas_day_2_591.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 3,272
Great photos, got me itching to hit the early morning Welsh roads!
Cheers!

Stoddy :thumbs:

That first photo is especially good. Thanks for sharing.

Alex said:
pzero said:
Stunning area of England, absolutely love it in Lancs.Next due up in about five weeks. :thumb:

:thumbs:

Bout time you up'd sticks and relocated.

Just been out for a meal at one of the local establishments near Whalley. :cloud9:

Apologies for not spotting your reply Alex.
We have thought about moving up several times.
One of the brothers in law relocated to Manx a few years ago and now the Grandson lives in L'pool so reasonably strong family ties up there in addition to everything else that is so appealing.
To be fair we are pretty well settled but never say never.

Next up in May.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back