Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

(Thinking)Selling the C4S for a 997 GT3

Magic919 said:
Rear seats in a 997.1 GT3 has been done before. Apparently type approval is 4 seats and homologated as a 2 seater. A couple of Insurers offered cover at the time.

Magig...

Interesting, that is news to me ... I approached My OPC regarding fitting rear seats in the rear of my 997 gen 1 and they were not forthcoming ... interesting ....but a bit disappointing ( historically for me ) if this is the case ...

:thumb:

OP ... you will not be disappointed with either Gen 1 or Gen 2 either is a great car , gen 2 just a bit more refined and more power....

tyinsky said:

As for build numbers, the Turbo S. RS, and 993 S Tiptronic are the rarities. 4S and 2S manuals have roughly the same build numbers? There are less cabrios than either of them. :hand:

:hand: you are looking at Worldwide production numbers ....... in C16 UK RHD spec the rarity order goes (from memory)....

GT2
Turbo S
RS
C4S (all manual)
2S (manual)
2S (tiptronic)
others

the important thing to the OP is that there where considerably less 4S than 2S in the UK (it was the opposite for the ROW) :wink:

jonttt said:
tyinsky said:

As for build numbers, the Turbo S. RS, and 993 S Tiptronic are the rarities. 4S and 2S manuals have roughly the same build numbers? There are less cabrios than either of them. :hand:

:hand: you are looking at Worldwide production numbers ....... in C16 UK RHD spec the rarity order goes (from memory)....

GT2
Turbo S
RS
C4S (all manual)
2S (manual)
2S (tiptronic)
others

the important thing to the OP is that there where considerably less 4S than 2S in the UK (it was the opposite for the ROW) :wink:

The 2S manual at Ashgood with 128k on the odo sold for 57 2 months ago.

jonttt said:
tyinsky said:

GT2
Turbo S
RS
C4S (all manual)
2S (manual)
2S (tiptronic)
others

350 odd manual RHD Targas makes them very rare

nickpan said:
jonttt said:
tyinsky said:

GT2
Turbo S
RS
C4S (all manual)
2S (manual)
2S (tiptronic)
others

The 2S manual at Ashgood with 128k on the odo sold for 57 2 months ago.
That is good to know,thank you.
I am sure the 181 C4S figure was correct for C16. Either way most 993's are rare these days.

US sales:
139322d1157864924-anyone-know-how-many-993sales.gif

UK Sales:
788912d1387540703-rhd-964-production-numbers-5wpiaxdi-1-.png

:)

Yep a lot more 2S than 4S in the UK :thumb:

FZP said:
I saw an interesting ad for a 997.2 GT3 in Guards Red LHD for £79k on FB. I tried finding it again to no joy, but thought it wasn't a bad price.

Edit: found the advert. Very light on detail
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-997-2-GT3/133149679535

Depends if you can verify the history if it was first used overseas? I'm surprised given it's had the Jonttt carbonique make-over it's not 6 figures :grin:

Agreed, or in absence of evidence, one hell of a PPI report. Colini stick results included.

I actually like carbon on the 997. It is a vast improvement on the carbon on the 993's.

:hand: did someone mention carbon .......

:cloud9:

Lol4Kpf.jpg

6zuDAxe.jpg

But agreed it looks good in a 9X7 :)

ONbj6E9.jpg

My OCD took me straight to the wonky Moody Blue glovebox :what:

Zingari said:
My OCD took me straight to the wonky Moody Blue glovebox :what:

In this case i think it should be allowed....With all of jonttt's efforts and spend on the car, especially the carbon, that must have carried a few large invoices!

One word.......perspective :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back