Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Central Locking Issues

Fil-Ski

I know it's a common issue but I just wanted to see if anyone has some insights before I pull the door panels off.

1) When unlocking the drivers door with the key the passenger door wont unlock
2) When unlocking the passengers door with the key the passenger door and drivers do unlock fine
3) When locking the drivers door with the key the passenger door wont lock
4) When locking the passengers door with the key the passenger door and drivers do lock fine
5) The button inside the car the unlock is not working

I have a strong suspicion it may be the actuator. I don't think it's the micro switch as the interior lights come on and off when the doors are opened with the key.

This is not an actuator problem, it is working fine when you lock from the passenger side.
It is either a misplaced switch unit in the driver's door, or a wiring problem from these switches to the door lock control unit. It could also be a control unit issue, but this is the most unlikely fault.
I would start with checking if the lock switch signals are present on the control unit inputs. They are to be grounded when turning the switch.
Pinout below.
Cheers,
Tore
Alarm%20megamos%20connections.jpg

ToreB said:
This is not an actuator problem, it is working fine when you lock from the passenger side.
It is either a misplaced switch unit in the driver's door, or a wiring problem from these switches to the door lock control unit. It could also be a control unit issue, but this is the most unlikely fault.
I would start with checking if the lock switch signals are present on the control unit inputs. They are to be grounded when turning the switch.
Pinout below.
Cheers,
Tore
Alarm%20megamos%20connections.jpg
Thanks Tore,
Can you let me know what the best check if the switch signals are present on the control unit inputs?

When you say switch unit in the driver's door are you referring to the micro switch?

I would use an ohmmeter to see if the two wires are grounded when turning the key both ways.
Depending on lock control unit version, these are on Connector II
Unlock: Brown/Green on pin 2 Blue/White on pin 10.
Lock: Brown/Blue on pin 1 White/Green on pin 12.

I am referring to the switch unit mounted on the lock cylinder. It contains two switches.
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
I would use an ohmmeter to see if the two wires are grounded when turning the key both ways.
Depending on lock control unit version, these are on Connector II
Unlock: Brown/Green on pin 2 Blue/White on pin 10.
Lock: Brown/Blue on pin 1 White/Green on pin 12.

I am referring to the switch unit mounted on the lock cylinder. It contains two switches.
Cheers,
Tore

Thanks Tore

My understanding from other threads is that if the interior lights come on and off with the key then the micro switches are fine? In my when unlocking both driver and passenger doors with the key the interior light will switch on and off.

One more piece of information that may help.

If I unlock the passenger door with the key (both doors unlock as they should). If I then try lock the drivers door it will lock and then quickly unlock.

Door switch problem. The lock control unit will not allow locking if the doors are considered open.
Try to operate the electric windows. If they work with doors closed and ignition off, one or both door switches or the luggage/engine compartment switches have failed.
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
Door switch problem. The lock control unit will not allow locking if the doors are considered open.
Try to operate the electric windows. If they work with doors closed and ignition off, one or both door switches or the luggage/engine compartment switches have failed.
Cheers,
Tore

Door switches cleaned and checked.
When the lights are on setting 2 (middle) the light will turn on and off when the door is opened and closed.

Front trunk light switch checked and operating as intended.

Engine bay light not present as 993 Turbo but the switch on the latch is. I unplugged the switch and tested both the off and on position with a wire.

Door lock issue is still persisting.

Had sometime to further diagnose this issue.
It was a faulty Door Lock Solenoid part# 928 624 211 00 on the passengers side.
Now T-Lock works as does the interior door lock switch. Lucky it was just the solenoid which is a relatively cheap part instead of the alarm control ecu.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back