Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Polar to Mexico Blue

Surinder Randhawa said:
The sunroof will be staying as the cost to put in a new roof skin will be prohibitive.. Here are some pics of the car as is..
Can I ask how much you were quoted and by who..? That's on my List for Work this Winter..

kingroon said:
Surinder Randhawa said:
The sunroof will be staying as the cost to put in a new roof skin will be prohibitive.. Here are some pics of the car as is..
Can I ask how much you were quoted and by who..? That's on my List for Work this Winter..

To do it properly with a replacement roof is £14k - the roof is £6k on its own

There are after market sunroof fill in panels available now. Short cut. Speak to Bob at http://www.autobodytechnic.com

Saw him doing it this way on a mint green 964 RS rep. Probably £1-£2k at a guess.

IMI A said:
To do it properly with a replacement roof is £14k - the roof is £6k on its own

There are after market sunroof fill in panels available now. Short cut. Speak to Bob at http://www.autobodytechnic.com

Saw him doing it this way on a mint green 964 RS rep. Probably £1-£2k at a guess.
£6K for the Roof..! I know of a Ready for Paint, Non Sunroof 993 Chassis for £10K..! :frustrated: Bonkers..

£1-2K sounds better, and I prefer the Non Trigger's Broom approach..

Thanks for the recommendation.. 8)

I was quoted another 3-4 k with a GRP creation. I don't mind the sunroof. Riviera and Mexico are very similar and look drastically different depending on light. Mexico just a shade darker..

Attachments

• mexico2_810.jpg
    mexico2_810.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,534
All these pastel blue colours really suit the 993 especially against speedlines.

Make sure you pick the very best paint shop ;)

What sort of quotes are you getting for the colour change. I was quoted £30k to go back to bare shell and colour change as per factory on 997! :eek:

It's no where near 30k for a full paint and resto, I'm in the algarve on hols whilst the car is in Harpenden mid way thru. RS rear screen going in very soon as is replacing rear exhaust shields. Just can't wait my perfect spec 993 will be ready soon.. :wink:
Recaro spg's hardbacked in Mexico blue :thumb:

Just to add if anyone has a set of ambers let me know .. before I pull the trigger and buy a whole new set and rear reflector. Thx

Just to add if anyone has a set of ambers let me know .. before I pull the trigger and buy a whole new set and rear reflector. Thx

Surinder Randhawa said:
I'm in the algarve on hols whilst the car is in Harpenden mid way thru. RS rear screen going in very soon as is replacing rear exhaust shields. Just can't wait my perfect spec 993 will be ready soon.. :wink:
...how's it all going? any pics? :D

Cameltoe & Heel said:
did someone say Mexico?

nuP3QxZ.jpg

Spin with my old man on Fathers Day

FrhsK1o.jpg

Quick wash

3bvxz1l.jpg

First outing in the Trough of Bowland

63h7H4r.jpg

I haven't see a better looking Targa, the colour is fantastic. Looks like you have done a great job :thumbs:

Cameltoe & Heel said:
did someone say Mexico?

nuP3QxZ.jpg

Spin with my old man on Fathers Day

FrhsK1o.jpg

Quick wash

3bvxz1l.jpg

First outing in the Trough of Bowland

63h7H4r.jpg

Lovely looking Targa. :thumb:

The Inn at Whitewell - I've been going there for twenty years. :thumbs:

Yes the baby was ready about a week ago. My jaw dropped when I saw her the same kind of feeling I had when my son was born !!!

..I picked her up then thought let's take her for an obligatory spin so straight from the body shop at 10am to catch a ferry at Dover for 12:30 :thumbs:
Then onto a bucket list trip with fasttracktours for a Swiss alps 6 night tour covering some of the best roads in France and Switzerland :worship:
Pics to follow
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back