Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can you tell what it is yet?

MisterCorn

Starting to look like it is nearly ready to go in the car....

MC

Its hard to tell from so few pictures :grin:

Yes, agreed. Need a few more pictures for a diagnosis.......

It appears to have a couple of Babyliss hair dryers. Is this the new air cooled? :floor: :floor: :floor:

Gearbox parts are mostly in. Hopefully there will be some photos of that in the near fiture. 2 piece GT2 RS mainshaft, full set of Guards straight cut gears with LSD and billet cover plate.

MC

M96.70

Is that a waffle sprocket connected to the baffle head?? :?

Alex said:

Yes, with 997 inlet manifolds. I'll post a full spec when it is done.

MC

For me .. the best picture is below .. the water take off .

That's just a work of art period !

I dream of being able to ally weld like that .. never going to happen though sigh .

Attachments

• img_20190821_wa0012_387.jpg
    img_20190821_wa0012_387.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 3,694
I'm away on holiday at the momeng and don't have access to all the details, but this started its journey with me as an £1800 eBay purchase of a complete 996 turbo engine with a dropped valve, which meant a damaged head and a damaged piston. I had thought about having a go at rebuilding it myself for shits and giggles, but sense got the better of me and it was sent to Matt at Fearnsport where it was stripped down and put back together. I'll update the spec when I can confirm details.

New liners and pistons, 3.8l
Ported heads, standard size valves
GT3 exhaust camshafts
ARP head studs and big end bolts
Carrillo rods
997 inlet with 1100cc injectors
Meth injection
IPD plenum with 84mm?? throttle body
Fenderwell intakes
Custom y pipe
Custom exhaust
Custom intercoolers
Big turbos, water cooled :)
Syvecs ECU
Full pressure and temperature monitoring
Pre and post turbo and intercooler
Coolant pressure and temperature
6 exhaust temperatures

Converted to 2wd
Full Guards gearbox rebuild with LSD and straight cut gears
custom gearing approximately 10% longer
2 piece mainshaft
GT2 clutch conversion with adjustable stop
Triple plate carbon clutch with very light flywheel

Suffice to say, it is turning in to a very expensive cheap engine.

MC

The AN fittings you have added to the lines in and out of the turbo sumps, where did you get them from?

It looks like I'm going to have to chop my lines and this looks like a neat way to save an otherwise perfectly good line.

Plus AN fittings are sexy

Rosselder83 said:
The AN fittings you have added to the lines in and out of the turbo sumps, where did you get them from?

It looks like I'm going to have to chop my lines and this looks like a neat way to save an otherwise perfectly good line.

Plus AN fittings are sexy

Matt at Fearnsport sorted all of those. No idea, sorry.

MC

A couple of shots of gearbox parts.

The input shaft is in 2 pieces, the part which goes in to the clutch is a springy steel to reduce the shock loading, the part where the gear stack fits is gear steel for strength. Gear tooth count is reduced from what Porsche run for wider gear tooth base, making the gears stronger. Shame to hide it away in the gearbox, great engineering.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back