Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

European breakdown cover - single trip for a 964

snb993

Hi All

In the last few years we have taken our 964 to Dinslaken, Spa, Paradors week in the Picos etc and loved every minute of it

We are now planning a short week in it at the end of September to France and Italy but whereas Classicline and Footman James could arrange this single trip breakdown cover in the past, unfortunately both of these (and also Grove & Dean) cannot when it's mid-way through the policy year :roll:

We have the 996T covered annually with ETA but only for vehicles <20 years old so the 964 is (quite) a bit too old!

Have you guys had any success with arranging this perhaps please? Sods law if we don't have it, something will fall off

:D

TIA

I'm driving to Budapest in September so I'm going to carefully read any recommendations you get.

I'd like to take my 993. It's insured with Classicline and I'd assumed it's covered for European trips up to 30 days. However you never know how good these policies are until you have to make that breakdown call.

My alternative is to take my one year old Mini which is under warranty

Heart says take the 993, my head is leaning towards the Mini.

Edit- just noticed this is the 964 section. Hopefully 993 owners are allowed to post here

Insurance.... sigh! Something we take for granted when we put our money down, and take it for granted that we are now covered...!!!

Could I just ask that you be a tad more enquiring of your eventual insurers.

Hopedaze, My old sports car is not even a Porsche, so what right have I to comment... ? :)

I have driven my old car in France, Spain and Italy, blissfully unaware that in doing so my cover had automatically altered as soon as I left UK soil. Whereas I thought my agreed value, salvage rights clause and fully comprehensive Insurance would all be applicable as my policy allowed for foreign travel.... which it did, but seemingly only on a very limited basis and nothing like my expectations thereof... Perhaps best to KNOW what you are insured against, as opposed to relying on YOUR expectations.. :?:

If you have a Barclays bank account you can take their travel pack out. £12.50/month, min 6 months, although you can cancel within 2 weeks without a charge.

The pack includes travel Insurance for you and your spouse. A free emergency overdraft of £800 and car breakdown cover (for both you and your spouse) anywhere in Europe, any car, any age, including repatriation of car back home.

What's not to like? :thumb:

https://www.barclays.co.uk/insurance/travel-insurance/travel-pack/

:)

Alex said:
If you have a Barclays bank account you can take their travel pack out. £12.50/month, min 6 months, although you can cancel within 2 weeks without a charge.

The pack includes travel Insurance for you and your spouse. A free emergency overdraft of £800 and car breakdown cover (for both you and your spouse) anywhere in Europe, any car, any age, including repatriation of car back home.

What's not to like? :thumb:

https://www.barclays.co.uk/insurance/travel-insurance/travel-pack/

:)

Definitely an option for my trip to Le Mans next year.

A few years ago I used to go to the Nurburgring in Germany in my old Peugeot 205. I used to buy an annual ADAC membership as it included recovery off the 'ring if required, compared to the standard fee which I think was around 80€.
It covered the whole of Europe and cover in the UK was via the AA.
I think it was about 100€ per annum, which is/was not cheap, but it was really good cover without an age limit on cars. Might be worth a look although I haven't had any membership for 5+ years so things might have changed.

I have my 944 Turbo with Locktons through PCGB which covers me for Euro breakdown and recovery 30 days I think without checking.
You have no chance with the mainstream breakdown and recovery outfits, they will not even think about it.

AtariBoy said:
A few years ago I used to go to the Nurburgring in Germany in my old Peugeot 205. I used to buy an annual ADAC membership as it included recovery off the 'ring if required, compared to the standard fee which I think was around 80€.
It covered the whole of Europe and cover in the UK was via the AA.
I think it was about 100€ per annum, which is/was not cheap, but it was really good cover without an age limit on cars. Might be worth a look although I haven't had any membership for 5+ years so things might have changed.

They've stopped accepting UK members now.

Sorry, yeah I meant NEW members (the old ones are costing them too much with multiple breakdowns :wack: )

I've just checked the breakdown cover included with my Classicline car Insurance. It looks pretty good. I'm covers all the main countries in Western Europe. However it doesn't cover Hungary or Slovenia. Glad I checked and thanks to this forum topic

I can confirm ADAC is no longer accepting new members from the UK as I tried a couple of years ago.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back