Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

who makes porsche brake pads

1largehouse

any idea who makes porsche brake pads,my 997 turbo needs new pads ,or do i just replace with porsche parts ?

I have been told by an indy to use textar pads and serbo discs as they believe these are the manufacturers used by Porsche for the OEM parts.

Porsche have used many suppliers recently, Textar, Jurid & Pagid to name a few. Your car was probably fitted with Textar at factory. Sebro discs would not have been fitted at the factory though, they are not OEM

Billy Bumpsteer said:
Porsche have used many suppliers recently, Textar, Jurid & Pagid to name a few. Your car was probably fitted with Textar at factory. Sebro discs would not have been fitted at the factory though, they are not OEM

May not be OEM but if they are most likely Original Equipment Specification by a recognized brand then no reason not to consider them.

ATE probably.
Slim possibility of Brembo - but ATE most likely.

If you look carefully on a set of genuine Porsche pads you will more than likely be able to see the manufacturers stamp on them.

I'd be happy with Brembo pads, they made the callipers so the discs and pads should suit, GSF just had a massive weekend sale on both discs and pads with 60% off, mine recently Had them but I was still tempted to buy some and store them ?

Teffers said:
ATE probably.
Slim possibility of Brembo - but ATE most likely.

If you look carefully on a set of genuine Porsche pads you will more than likely be able to see the manufacturers stamp on them.

ATE about 30 years ago....................maybe 40

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back