Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

924 owner saying hello

Having spent November and December in plaster after having my hand pinned together (leaving a scar on my wrist which looks like a watch face showing 9:24 8) ) I was desperate to get back to driving and working on my 924.

First thing was to solve my interior OCD as the cars had a mix & match interior since I bought it. A complete brown pascha interior popped on ebay complete with door cards so that was quickly bought. The drivers seat base was quite badly worn so a bit of looking around and I found a single drivers seat in good condition for sale separately. This gave me everything I needed to build a matching interior in good shape!

49741271743_2c6aea5102_k.jpg

As we headed into lockdown I got some bits ready to do and make the most of not getting dragged shopping by the wife or having to see family. The rear brakes had a complete rebuild and the header tank replaced with a far whiter one.

49723559546_6dc3782f49_b.jpg

Over the weekend the wheels were off and re-polished the faces and treated the painted inserts.

Now just to go essential shopping in it :D [/img][/url]

I was hoping to get my 944 interior sorted out while in lockdown, I was toying with Pasha as I really do like it but as the price is eye watering per metre I am also considering houndstooth, still undecided. I think with the amount of jobs I need to do in lockdown I could do with it lasting around 4 months.

infrasilver said:
I was hoping to get my 944 interior sorted out while in lockdown, I was toying with Pasha as I really do like it but as the price is eye watering per metre I am also considering houndstooth, still undecided. I think with the amount of jobs I need to do in lockdown I could do with it lasting around 4 months.

Be careful what you wish for...

That's great and a remind to me of my guards red 924, a lovey car that was so much fun. Sold a couple of years ago. Now I'm grown up with a 911 i still miss it. I keep looking..

Attachments

• img_4186_180.jpg
    img_4186_180.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 4,866
I gave the wheels a bit of Weiss Gold over the winter

Attachments

• weiss_wheels_200.jpg
    weiss_wheels_200.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 4,841
infrasilver said:

I looked at ordering some fabric to repair the original seat but it was crazy expensive and substantially cheaper to buy the extra seat and swap the covers over.

Gazc2 - Your cars looking really nice, was following your thread and the work you put into it. Good skills

Cheers Russ the pascha looks the business I was keen to do tartan inserts but had to reign the budget in :thumb: the wifes BMW threw a coil pack last week so she has been running about in the 924 while I wait on one arriving and now says she doesn't want it back !

As longdown v-whatever number it is drags out I decided it was time to sort the wheels. Originally from a le man's model they had the inserts in black and polished faces but didn't really match so off for a refurb.

Ok went for full silver powder coated which was completed by a local company and came back looking great. I wanted to continue using the coloured crest centre caps so spent yesterday refurbing those and think it's comes together really well.

Now just need events and meets to start up.... Roll on caffeine and machine re-opening!

Attachments

• dsc_0005_214.jpg
    dsc_0005_214.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,723
  • dsc_0004_776.jpg
    dsc_0004_776.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,723
That looks stunning

Since I fitted the pasha interior I've always noticed the bolster on the drivers seat is quite soft/worn so after watching a few YouTube clips on seat repairs I went for it. Soon as it was apart it was clear the webbing that supports the metal frame had torn allowing the metal to damage the foam. An hour spent cutting the worn foam out and bonding in new foam then replacing the webbing and I was fitting the seat back in. I almost felt a but to snug to start with!

Along with everyone who has an interest in cars I made the most of the sunny weekend and got the car out for some essential shopping and to bed the new bolster in.

50999254256_353e28e6eb_k.jpg

[/img]

Love that :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back