Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1975 1.8 914

Sweet ride - I've always had a spot for the 914 (and it has pop-ups just like my 944.... in fact some of the parts for the pop-ups are shared with the 914! :hand: )

:thumb:

I went to look at that last weekend
It was past saving in my view, the chassis integrity was gone and it was folding in the middle and nipping the doors up
The floor, front and rear boot, doors, wings, A pillars, rear quarters were shot through
It had been a jersey car most of its life and was complete and the interior wasnt too bad, the dash and centre console, door cards, and back pad were in good condition so valuable to some one with a US import with sun damage
It is a 2.0 litre model but not running so if it turns out to have a good engine and transmission it would have value.

I went back today to see it through the auction
I set my limit based on the nominal value of parts that were of interest to me and I pulled out at £1600, it went for £1650. I was initially going to go £1800 which would have then cost circa £2000 including the commission but decided I could buy a lot of parts for £2000 hence pulling out a bit earlier than planned

I hope the winning bidder is a member, it would be good to know his plans and how he valued it

ps
I did win a 100 ltr devilbliss belt drive compressor for a good price made it a good day

Did you manage to get in the hall to bid ok? It's usually stacked out.

They used the hall in the morning for the bits and pieces, that was busy but easy enough to get a bid recognised
They had the car auction up in the top shed and relayed it back to the hall for those watching but not bidding - in theory. Yes it was rammed!
The 914 was a late lot so plenty of room by then

I am going to be advertising this for sale soon as I am moving house and dont have the space for all the cars

Attachments

• 111020b_195.jpg
    111020b_195.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 772

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back