Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant level

I've always just used tap water......and my engine hasn't exploded yet.

deMort said:
Not much i can add other than what's already been said ..

Check it when cold and top up if needed ( water is fine due to the shear volume of coolant it won't drop the antifreeze content by much ) it sounds like there was a small airlock which has now cleared ... not unusual shall we say and a bit difficult to predict ..

Some cars are fine after a job like this and others hang onto an airlock for a good few miles .

we tend to tell customers at work .. check it over the next few days until it settles .

Obviously never open the cap with a hot engine .

Thank you. Left the car until it was dead cold (over 24 hours) and the level remained just below minimum.

Topped up with 50/50 coolant/water mix to between the min and max indicated levels. I have re-checked after use and it's stayed at the same level so far but will keep an eye on it.

My water pump failed earlier in the year. I had to top up just once after I drove home from the garage. Seems to be fine now and hasn't moved since.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back