Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Few Items I''m After / Recommendations Pls

SimonBash

Hi All,

A few bits I'm not sure where best to look for, would appreciate any guidance/ideas:

1. New Porsche carpet overmats (cabriolet with Bose) - circa £130 for 4 from Design911 the best option? Reason is my drivers one has a whole in it!

2. Replacement gear knob - circa £230 from OPC! Do I just had to suck it up or has anyone had theirs refurbished with success?

3. Ideas to upgrade the stock stereo for something modern with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay etc - had looked at the Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB as an option, any thoughts on this or other options? Want it to look as OEM as possible.

Thanks as always!

Simon

Contact jack at royal steering wheels, he recently covered my gear stick in Alcantara, it looks superb.

I'd add a 4. to that list :grin:

4. Buy a dictionary

:grin:

joke_alert.gif

I am just taking the pee...

1 & 2 eBay
3 do a search on here as this has been done loads of times.

:thumb:

For 1, get a set of boxster matts from opc - they are the same and front only. Should be quite a bit less.

rob_p said:
For 1, get a set of boxster matts from opc - they are the same and front only. Should be quite a bit less.

Great idea! Thanks :thumb:

SimonBash said:
1. New Porsche carpet overmats (cabriolet with Bose) - circa £130 for 4 from Design911 the best option? Reason is my drivers one has a whole in it!

Just buy some 987 Boxster mats as I'm sure your rears are fine. They're the same but much cheaper option than replacing all 4. :thumbs:

OPC £100 for Boxster/Cayman front mats to fit my car, they even suggested it.

I wanted some coolant to top mine up, that was my first request, the parts guy said they have a spare bottle so have it for free! He was then very helpful regarding the mats as above. I was taken aback!

Have you added VAT and delivery on the design911 price?

Alex said:
Have you added VAT and delivery on the design911 price?

Can't recall but on delivery I need £400 off of other items from them anyway.

Seems OPC is the winner at £100 inc VAT.

All their prices are pre VAT.

They're expensive compared to most places, including OPC.

Alex said:
They're expensive compared to most places, including OPC.

Quite. I just look at their 'creative' prices and chuckle. Then head on over to 9Apart, Type911 or (as is often the case nowadays) OPC.

Interesting.....main thing I need is a complete rear disc/pads/sensors etc package, their price for OEM is £300 plus VAT and shipping, ECP are no cheaper.

Carparts4less are. Use the discount code off the home page. They're the same company as ECP but far cheaper.

Will be £160ish for front discs and pads on yours.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back