Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 single turbo conversion

I like the direction of your thinking.....finding a cheap, reliable, upgradeable alternative to the M96.

Am with MisterCorn - I would fit real cats. if you can fabricate an exhaust, you can easily include cats. Whilst I cant comment on the quality, there are plenty of reasonably priced cats on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGNAFLO...657368?hash=item2f328e6b98:g:hjQAAOSwVQBdCjGf

I think £200 extra to remain legal is a sensible spend.....

I think you should fabricate your own mounts. Watching the LS being fitted to the Hurrican, he uses a generic LS mounting kit, then adds his own steel work, to link it to the car. Didn't take more than a day......

Is that the B is for Build series you are referencing?

Theres a channel called Hoovies Garage and in that he put an LS motor into his 911 after the engine popped. Might be worth looking into. Worth noting that the
LS also seized and it was deemed to have happened due to the sump design being from a front mounted car and not changed to suit its new location.

Thres also a series put together buy the boy that bought the 911 from the chap hoovie and is rebuilding it, i cant remember the channel name but if you search 'Apollo 911' it should come up.

Youtube is a grade A time sink :lol:

Yes, BisforBuild - whilst he doesnt always go about things in the best way..... its definitely interesting to watch....

Spookily last night I watched him sorting the exhausts and turbos for the LS - didnt seem the most obvious way to deal with the issues....

Time and space is a major issue for me. If it takes someone a day to make mounts, it'll take me weeks. At best. The sill work is taking me forever as I've little time to get at it and every time I want to trial fit a piece, I have to crawl in from the back of the car. Not easy with a bad back but I'm happy enough to do it but as you can imagine if I had a ramp I could literally offer it up and adjust instead of crawling in and out for hours.

I've also decided that I'm going to cut the rear arches out and replace them while I'm at it. I could bluff them up but that's no good to anyone. I'm making the arches which is more work but I'm game. I'm not a body work man so I'm apprehensive but if it's no good, I'd would've had to pay someone to do it anyway.

I'm liking that people are interested in this.
It's good for momentum

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back