Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advise on Bilstein PSS10

Chucky

Hi, Ive recently acquired a 97 Carrera and it's running on it's original 22 year old Monroe suspension at stock ride height.
I would like to lower the car to the M033 'Lowered Chassis" height or there abouts. Are the PSS10 coil-overs a good option for this? Or is it really for lowering the car a lot more, ie RS ride height.
Thanks

Get in touch with CoG for best advice but you will probably be ok.
I run PSS10s at RS ride height and although fully adjustable the spring rates make for quite a firm ride.

Thanks for advise. I've heard CoG are very highly regarded.
How have you or anyone else found speedbumps or driveways with a slope with lowered / RS ride heights?
Thanks

I've been to CoG and have original Monroe's which CoG advised me to keep. I run what's described as "half RS" and speed bumps are no issue at all - never grounded although the slope down the path outside my garage (when reversing out) is a different matter.

Yes, some over enthusiastic speed bumps, steep drives and high kerbs require care and occasional avoidance. I also needed the n/s wheel arch rolling when I fitted RS wheels. To go to RS ride height RS front uprights will also be needed to avoid excessive bump steer. Recommend no lower than RS+10mm. without front uprights. Full geo will also be required after lowering along with resetting all the suspension pivot point bushes to the new static loaded position. My car handles and corners very well on smooth surfaces but with a loss of comfort on rough surfaces.

I have PSS10 and running CS ride height, car is like brand new and drives amazing, I have it set to hardest setting and I love it!

If you just want to lower your car and your 22 year old Monroe shock are ok, I have some eibach RS lowing springs (£150) and will drop car to RS look with without spending masses of money?

just bolt on and job done, you will need geo after etc

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back