Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC with Bistein B6 Damptronics

systech1

Greetings again from downunder.

I have a 997.2 with standard PASM suspension and the DSC PASM controller..which is great.

However, one of my shocks is starting to leak so I guess it's about time to replace them. As I don't particularly want to lower the car I have decided to replace the OEM dampers with Bilstein B6 Damptronic shocks and retain the standard springs..and the DSC unit of course.

Has anyone been down this route? If so, are you able to advise any differences in the handling/damping with the B6s, given they are meant to be slightly firmer than OEM.

And does the standard DSC software load provide reasonable performance or do I need to tailor the software to get comparable compliance?

Thanks in advance for any guidance offered.

hello mate,

Appreciate you are asking about the B6's here, but I have the DSC with B16's on my 997.1 Turbo. They are a significant improvement over the stock 997.1 shocks.

I started out with the DSC module and stock springs which were such a worthwhile upgrade in itself but with lowering the car the ride quality took a big step backward. Now with the B16's, I feel it is the best it has ever been.

I have the DSC module and went with B6 dampers plus eibach lowering springs earlier this year.

It's a noticeably stiffer setup than before, but feels really good to me.

It's perfectly driveable on the stiffer PASM setting, even on our shite UK roads.

(Before DSC and on standard dampers my vision became blurred sometimes on the stiffer setting :grin: )

In summary, without DSC I think it would have been too stiff, but with it it's great :thumb:

OK. B6s now installed (along with DSC which was extant).

The setup is definitely firmer and more planted than before. However, whereas before with the OEM dampers, I ran the PASM / DSC on Sport mode around town, with the new setup this is a bit too firm and the Normal PASM setting works better. Sport mode will be reserved for hoon runs and track ;-).

BTW, my OEM front dampers are available on eBay if someone wants cheap replacements. Note: unlike in blighty ours don't rust !

Link to ebay.au removed by moderator

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back