Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken down - now.....

Alex said:
Here's my bill from my mechanic when I had mine done a few months ago. All parts were genuine Porsche parts from ECP.

1D7uOtq.jpg

30 quid an hr, very similair to OPC rates :grin:

If you'd only just bought the car, might be worth contacting the seller to see if they might make a contribution seeing as it happened so soon after collection; I know it's a long shot, but there are still a few honourable people left !

Good luck, they are brilliant cars when sorted, honestly.

Thanks for all the input and support, it's much appreciated.

Managed to negotiate a discount with OPC so waterpump all in supply and fit is £888 which I don't think is too bad based on what Alex paid his Indy.

They are also doing a minor service while it's there.

Managed to get a couple of goodie bags for my kids with a teddy each, small thing but has brought a smile back to my tired face!

I've asked them for a price to see to the lazy crank issue, am I right in thinking this is a modified alternator wire? Any input here on solution and cost would be great before I receive their estimate.

Thanks again all, I'm a newbie but really enjoying this forum :thumb:

Eh? :eek:

I paid £378 inc. VAT and that included new coolant. How's £888 not bad? That's more than double!!!!

Alex said:
Eh? :eek:

I paid £378 inc. VAT and that included new coolant. How's £888 not bad? That's more than double!!!!

Doh I looked at the total and not the detail!

£350 plus VAT at revolution porsche nr Leeds. And they're a good indy too.

Attachments

• screenshot_2019_08_13_11_37_10_419.png
    screenshot_2019_08_13_11_37_10_419.png
    265 KB · Views: 1,495
SimonBash said:
Thanks for all the input and support, it's much appreciated.

Managed to negotiate a discount with OPC so waterpump all in supply and fit is £888 which I don't think is too bad based on what Alex paid his Indy.

They are also doing a minor service while it's there.

Managed to get a couple of goodie bags for my kids with a teddy each, small thing but has brought a smile back to my tired face!

I've asked them for a price to see to the lazy crank issue, am I right in thinking this is a modified alternator wire? Any input here on solution and cost would be great before I receive their estimate.

Thanks again all, I'm a newbie but really enjoying this forum :thumb:

Re the lazy crank issue, I think it could be the alternator/starter cable but also could be the starter itself or possibly the power cable which runs from the battery area at the front to the back of the car.

20 says its the battery.

Alex said:
20 says its the battery.

Battery was new a couple of months ago, still could still be the issue.

In better news.....seller offered to pay for all my costs last night including my hotel and my extra train fares today.

I didn't ask and made it clear I wasn't casting any accusations his way.

When he offered (over £300) I was floored and the money is already in my account!

SimonBash said:
Alex said:
20 says its the battery.

Battery was new a couple of months ago, still could still be the issue.

In better news.....seller offered to pay for all my costs last night including my hotel and my extra train fares today.

I didn't ask and made it clear I wasn't casting any accusations his way.

When he offered (over £300) I was floored and the money is already in my account!
That's great, as I said, still some honourable people left !

What battery? Might not be powerful enough.

If hot start laziness only it's unlikely to be just the battery - sadly. Just had this fixed on my car and can't believe how quickly it turns over (and I have had the car since it 8k miles old). I have had 4 batteries over the years, all helped initially (as they would) but problem always came back. New starter and starter loom and bingo. Perfect. I might have got away with just the loom but while you are there....

drmark said:
If hot start laziness only it's unlikely to be just the battery - sadly. Just had this fixed on my car and can't believe how quickly it turns over (and I have had the car since it 8k miles old). I have had 4 batteries over the years, all helped initially (as they would) but problem always came back. New starter and starter loom and bingo. Perfect. I might have got away with just the loom but while you are there....

+1
I've just done the same on mine, new Bosch starter and starter loom, and as you say, Bingo, it's now perfect.

Hertsdriver said:
Do you have the part number for the starter loom please?

Hi, Part No. for tiptronic car is 99760701804 and for manual it's 99760701903.
They're listed on the Design911 website if you want to have a look.
Good luck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back