Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re mapping gts ?

k11pol

More curious than something I'm going to do but just wandered if there would be any benefit to re mapping the gts.1 ? It's currently 430bhp and the re map would take it to 450. I'm guessing the extra 20bhp wouldn't be noticed or would it ?

I've heard people talk about fuel efficiency which doesn't make a difference to me but are there any other positives/negatives ?

Doubt youd get that increase from a remap on a NA engine.Whos claiming those figures?

Every company I have seen has that exact number. Can you go into a bit more depth then as how it works and the pros and cons ?

A 5% increase in bhp is hard to detect via the bum dyno. Secondly I'd find it interesting if they could get those increases on NA engine without any additional hardware mods.

Pls do not ruin ur car. These power claims on na car bull.

I always assume Porsche know the cars better than anyone else, and therefore assume the way it has been setup at the factory, is probably the way it should be setup. :?:

I do agree with that regarding Porsche knowing better but I was curious as to whether it would have any benefit. It's not something I'm planning on doing as my original post states and certainly not to void my warranty.

991.2GTS said:
I always assume Porsche know the cars better than anyone else, and therefore assume the way it has been setup at the factory, is probably the way it should be setup. :?:

They build the car to meet all sorts of targets, from emissions to it's place in the model hierarchy. There are always improvements you can make to any car, depending on how you want to use it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back