Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Tyre recommendations - 285/30/18

I got 14,000m out of my last set of Conti SC2 rears, not bad for a 996, so if you rack up the miles it's also worth considering the mileage you'll get out of them when comparing options, if you replace tyres more frequently it can get expensive.

911munKy said:
I got 14,000m out of my last set of Conti SC2 rears, not bad for a 996, so if you rack up the miles it's also worth considering the mileage you'll get out of them when comparing options, if you replace tyres more frequently it can get expensive.
Whereas i got 5000 miles out of my rear conti SC5...!

Does alot of the milage depend on rear camber / toe settings?

I was wearing out the inner shoulder of my Michelin PS2 's at an alarming rate before I adjusted rear camber from 1deg 30" (which slipped to 1 Deg 40') to 1 Deg 18" ish. Now lasted 10,000 miles of mixed driving, with maybe 1-2,000 miles left till legal minimum.

Rear wear is massively dependent on toe + camber. It's crucial to get it set up right (i.e. not too much of either, and certainly no toe-out) to preserve the tyre.

Yeah suspect as much.

Just seen this year's Evo tyre test.

225/40 r18 size was the test tyre..,... Makes it both interesting and relevant to us as it's the front tyre size for a lot of us.

Pirelli shock winner! (To me anyway)[/i]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back