Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gmund Cars Ltd & Andrew Mearns FRAUD £1Million stolen

DISSOLUTION

Not quite sure why BT propose dissolution of the company?

If it gets dissolved any stock cars that get found become ownership of the Crown.

Let's assume that the cars are still out there somewhere and that Gmund actually received the monies for them and that it was of the order of £1M...

Surely it would be relatively straightforward to understand where the money went? Into a bank account and back out again.....

Just wonder what he might have spent a million on???

'I spent a lot of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

:)

mikeluke said:
Just wonder what he might have spent a million on???

:)
booze, birds, and fast cars :roll:

Has either of them been charged as yet with anything? :food: :food: :food:

Are any of the following cars on the missing list?

Black 1987 3.2 911 Carrera
Red 1983 3.2 911 Carrera Targa
Silver 1988 930 Turbo Cab

Captain Lockheed said:

Unsure, I know the identity of (and in contact with some of) the people involved but not necessarily the cars.

To complicate matters, I'm starting to see some former Gmund cars appear on other websites / auction sites which could be sinister or might just be former SOR customers who have taken their vehicles back advertising via other dealers. Suffice to say, 'Gmund watching" is my new hobby and all information is being passed to the Authorities for investigation.

The Administrators Report is a very polite & sanitised version of the facts in my opinion, certain things, like their relationship with Mearns (suspect it is not good) or what they'll be saying in their report to the DBI (suspect not flattering) isn't clear. Also the comment regarding disputed ownership of the vehicles isn't clear - is this Mearns disputing ownership or the Police wanting to reunite victims with their vehicles rather than putting them into the Administrators pot ?

Any reason for singling out these particular vehicles ?

I'm pretty sure no-one has been charged at this stage. I suspect the first we'll know is when it appears on the North Yorkshire Police news feed, although, I suspect there may be some advanced warning.

Pagoda1966 said:
Captain Lockheed said:

Last week a very close friend of mine was offered all three.
The price mentioned was £85k for all three.
He (my friend) has that kind of cash available at short notice.
As I am saving for a 993, but would jump at the 930, he mentioned it to me.
We asked to take a look at the cars and were told they would be brought to us.
The gist was quick sale wanted.
It just didn't sound legit, so we decided to pass on them.

Captain Lockheed said:
Pagoda1966 said:
Captain Lockheed said:

Last week a very close friend of mine was offered all three.
The price mentioned was £85k for all three.
He (my friend) has that kind of cash available at short notice.
As I am saving for a 993, but would jump at the 930, he mentioned it to me.
We asked to take a look at the cars and were told they would be brought to us.
The gist was quick sale wanted.
It just didn't sound legit, so we decided to pass on them.

another plot twist

I'd be passing on those contact details to the police and administrators for it to be investigated ASAP.

@911uk It is only another plot twist if these vehicles are part of the disputed stock/assets.
Which is why I am trying to find out.

FZP said:
I'd be passing on those contact details to the police and administrators for it to be investigated ASAP.

I don't know if these cars are part of this ongoing investigation, hence my original post.
It stank to high heaven, but they may not be part of this.

I purchased a car off GMund May 18 had a few issues which surprised me, car was delivered free of charge but the work that was agreed prior to purchasing had not been completed and it was missing a few interior bits. However, these were sent down and he paid my Indy for the work - eventually. I think I have been lucky!

I think your Indy was even luckier :wink:

Just another example of him being a 'chancer" ie working on the basis he can agree things to get a sale and then try to get away without doing them :roll:

Captain Lockheed said:
@911uk It is only another plot twist if these vehicles are part of the disputed stock/assets.

FZP said:

I don't know if these cars are part of this ongoing investigation, hence my original post.

Think I've managed to track down the three cars in question. They've never been part of Andrew's stock but coincidentally, the Jersey based dealer who has them is one of Gmund's creditors (£35k) and listed in the Administrators Report. Bargain at £85k (listed at £195k).....

Pagoda1966 said:
Captain Lockheed said:

FZP said:

Think I've managed to track down the three cars in question. They've never been part of Andrew's stock but coincidentally, the Jersey based dealer who has them is one of Gmund's creditors (£35k) and listed in the Administrators Report. Bargain at £85k (listed at £195k).....

The 3 cars can be found at http://www.leriche.com/sales.php

a coincidence ?

Although the red car may have been for sale for a while?

Attachments

• 2019_08_14_10_03_37_398.jpg
    2019_08_14_10_03_37_398.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 3,603
Pagoda1966 said:
Captain Lockheed said:

FZP said:

This shows that the cars are rare and they should be easy to trace.
We were told they were in Leeds, well the seller was from Leeds, not Jersey.
Are they the same cars? I don't know, perhaps I put 2 & 2 together and came up with 5.
The dealer being a creditor makes me think that I may have it wrong?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back