Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

e2a67f8629216710f5bc3cdf94a2323a06fbbf96.jpg

3c6966fb570046dc12036a7049c5c1eee8e65d73.jpg

15mm thru-axle boost front wheel went into a QR wheel stand quite well, just used a standard 100mm QR and a toe-strap to hold the wheel as a belt'n'braces/just-in-case measure.

Once you head off East from Macon the fun really starts :driving:

I want to put a usb power socket in the cubby behind the handbrake- if anyone can suggest a suitable source of switched power I'd be very grateful.

You could use a piggy back fuse tap off the fuse that includes the existing 12v cig socket and run a suitable power line from the fuse box under carpets and up into centre console where you need it. Just did something similar to run switched power from a fuse to the roof up/down switch on the 986 dash.

I found that my cigarette lighter socket in the dash is switched with the ignition, so spliced into those wires. The new USB socket works, and I've now got an aux cable and power in the cubby.

However, the bluetooth transmitter that I was planning on using to enable Spotify to be used is a big disappointment - very quiet and the sound quality isn't great.

I think I'm back to stuffing a load of CD's in the passenger door pocket.

Looking great, not ridiculous at all :thumb:

Opening the roof remotely using the key means that rather than opening fully (which it used to do) it opens to this point and then stops.

710a56706742c9c02d8e918b2b8824371e954841.jpeg

You can open it the rest of the way with the button in the cabin.

Why is this?

Sounds like you're getting a break in the signal from the key to the car. Whilst you do it, watch your key fob and check the red light is continually flashing whilst operating it.

Does it put the roof up fully when doing it the opposite way?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back