Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Prices

spongebob squarepants said:
How did you find Leeds OPC? tbf i thought they were brilliant, dealt with Vinny he too was excellent.

They were very good. Dealt with Richard and Dean, who also sold me the GTS. We didn't get off to the best start then, as there was some miscommunication regarding delivery dates etc. and I didn't think the service was quite up to scratch. But they gave me some free tyre and alloy Insurance, and things improved.

Since then Richard has been first rate. Called me out of the blue with tickets and Porsche hospitality at Croft for the BTCC a few weeks ago. And spent most of the day with me today and took me for quite a lengthy test drive. And even though they didn't bend as much as I'd have liked them to, I did get some relief and the warranty extended until Jan 2022. Ultimately, as a customer, I enjoyed the experience.

As regards Vinny, I met him at Croft a few weeks ago. Saw him again today and we had a chat, he's a good lad.

Nice one chum :thumb: some lovely classics in that showroom - but they come at a price £220k for the 356 if memory serves :what:

Zingari said:
Nice one chum :thumb: some lovely classics in that showroom - but they come at a price £220k for the 356 if memory serves :what:

Thanks pal. :)

The 356's were stunning and all £200k+, the 993 Gemballa was £400k, the 918 was £950K and they also had a Carerra GT in too, at £650k. They also had a trio of red 930's in.

They did say that the market was slow though, and some of the 356's they'd had in for quite a while.

Congratulations. FWIW were I buying a 991 GT3, I think I would actually be inclined to go PDK, as big a fan of manuals as I am, I think the whole platform and all the systems were honed to suit that transmission and, having used one, I like the way they work.

Interested to know what you think about the Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo. It's on my company car list (as in I own the firm, so I can list what I like) and looks handy for lugging the dog and mountain bike about.

Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo - could they make that name any longer?!!!

Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Satsuma 4x4 Turismo

Diggermeister said:
Congratulations. FWIW were I buying a 991 GT3, I think I would actually be inclined to go PDK, as big a fan of manuals as I am, I think the whole platform and all the systems were honed to suit that transmission and, having used one, I like the way they work.

Interested to know what you think about the Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo. It's on my company car list (as in I own the firm, so I can list what I like) and looks handy for lugging the dog and mountain bike about.

Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo - could they make that name any longer?!!!

Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Satsuma 4x4 Turismo

It's an odd beast the Panamera. Today was the first chance I've had to stretch its legs. There are four modes, e power, hybrid, sport and sport plus. The batteries are forever being recharged when driving, including the use of regenerative braking. It's quite mesmerising watching the green block of pixels shoot up on the digital instrument panel when braking, as it charges the batteries. And similarly, it does the same in the opposite direction when you are using the electric motor.

The power delivery takes some getting used to, and I'm not there yet. Clearly their software delivers a mix of electric and ICE based on a very specific algorithm, but I've got no idea what's going on. At times, you are getting instant torque as the electric motor kicks in, and at others, it feels 'normal' and torque isn't delivered as quickly. Which makes the whole thing feel a bit inconsistent.

It's certainly got some grunt in Sport and Sport+, the 0-60 is the same as the Macan GTS, and it did feel just as quick. And 4.6 secs for a car this size is epic. On the outside I bet it sounds ok too. But inside the cabin it's a struggle to hear it properly. That's obviously by design, and it's a very nice place to be, especially on the motorway. The interior is burgundy leather, which wouldn't be my first choice. Its like sitting in a very expensive chesterfield armchair as you waft along effortlessly in the outside lane. I thought the Macan was comfortable, but this is very civilised.

It's a huge beast too, on my way back from Leeds yesterday I stopped at the Supermarket, and it's arse hung out of the space by about 3 foot. This is a fully specc'd model ( the price surprised me, well over £100k with the options), so comes with all kinds of bells and whistles. I spent about 30 minutes in said supermarket car park messing with the new infotainment system that's now appearing in newer models such as the facelifted Macan and 992. It certainly feels like a big improvement on the older PCM, and felt quite intuitive. The larger screen is impressive, along with the digital instrument panels behind the wheel.

I doubt I'd ever be interested in one, I just don't need that kind of space. But if I had kids at home and did lots of motorway miles, and wanted something more economical than a Cayenne, this would work.

991.2GTS said:
It's a huge beast too, on my way back from Leeds yesterday I stopped at the Supermarket, and it's arse hung out of the space by about 3 foot.
I didn't want to ask a loaded question, but that is the sort of "real world" feedback I was hoping for. Thank you.

IMHO it's a handsome beast, and if I lived somewhere with actual car-sized parking spaces (like the USA for example) I think it would be very tempting.

Nice GT3 coming into Wilslow, A 991 Clubsport with 4k on the clock, and in the 3rd best colour taboot. Seems prices are falling as 103K seems very cheap for Wilmslow.

Nice GT3 coming into Wilslow, A 991 Clubsport with 4k on the clock, and in the 3rd best colour taboot. Seems prices are falling as 103K seems very cheap for Wilmslow.

:eek: Absence of PCCB, Front Lift :dont know: I'd say slightly unders on miles for OPC given an independent has a 13k miles 2014 clubsport up at £92.9k

If you want to do European track days, £99,999 and under is the magic price point, purely because Spa and 'Ring day Insurance doubles above that point.

Would I own a 996 or 997 outside of OPC warranty? Yes.

Would I dare do the same with a 991? Nope.

Is that because of the 991.1 GT3 engine or just a general thing with 991 over the '7 and '6 @diggermeister?

Think the 10 year/120k mile engine warranty is a factory warranty, transferable owner to owner and not dependent on having the regular Porsche warranty. If so I'd buy one with or without if it was the right car, the £92k car would be ahead of the OPC car on my list!

Zingari said:

:eek: Absence of PCCB, Front Lift :dont know: I'd say slightly unders on miles for OPC given an independent has a 13k miles 2014 clubsport up at £92.9k

Has the front lift, and under 5 k on the clock with the Clubsport that's all you need. I suspect it has the PCCB too, but not something id want on a GT3 TBF.
The other you mention is cat N (Bolton fire car) :thumb:
Wilmslow has a bargain simples.

Diggermeister said:
If you want to do European track days, £99,999 and under is the magic price point, purely because Spa and 'Ring day Insurance doubles above that point.

Would I own a 996 or 997 outside of OPC warranty? Yes.

Would I dare do the same with a 991? Nope.
Not sure why? when it gets close to the ten years then probably yep :thumb: Although you may assume if its going to go bang, by then it would of happened :dont know:

MJA911 said:
Is that because of the 991.1 GT3 engine or just a general thing with 991 over the '7 and '6 @diggermeister?

Not sure why? when it gets close to the ten years then probably yep :thumb: Although you may assume if its going to go bang, by then it would of happened :dont know:

IMHO the 991 is a great car and the GT3s are superb, but as you approach the 10 year cut off, I wonder how the market will judge them. Part of that depends on how the cars fare in the meantime, all of which is an unknown. The platform is also a good few levels more complex (RWS for example) in terms of long term.

As someone who's never content to keep cars stock standard, an extended warranty is out of the question for me. However, as the 991 GT3's drop below £100k for a Clubsport, they do look very tempting.

I thought the issue with the 991.1 GT3 engine was it catching fire not going bang :dont know: Does the replacement engine solve the problem or is it still a risk?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back