Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 black GT2 / RSR BlackSnake

Definitely not my first build but certainly one up there with the best of them, glad your still enjoying it and using it as intended :thumbs:

Trantorman said:
Definitely not my first build but certainly one up there with the best of them, glad your still enjoying it and using it as intended :thumbs:

Best car I've ever driven by a country mile. Sadly I do not get to use her now till next year but I know someone who's driving the wheels of her ;)

Trantorman said:
The car is back with me up in the Aberdeen area, with its last outing being at the Rennsport collective weekend, which was great fun and a credit to Paul who took the gamble on organizing the event, hopefully we will see that event grow in the coming years, it was great to be around other like minded owners who use there cars as intended.

think we met up with your mate at Wetherby enroute to the rennsport. He was telling me about the blacksnake over a coffee 8) . We were in our 1973 cars that he convoyed with for a while :D

Trantorman said:
it does not matter how its viewed as a "Bitsa" or not, it was built from a genuine 993 RS with all the best trick parts available back in the day, including 959 doors, (because there lighter) carbon Wings and bonnet and a host of motor sport parts, it will always be a very special piece of Porsche history simply because its still exists, most cars from that time frame were broken up or have been locked away in collections the Snake has been free and been in regular light use and is a great car to use.

The car is back with me up in the Aberdeen area, with its last outing being at the Rennsport collective weekend, which was great fun and a credit to Paul who took the gamble on organizing the event, hopefully we will see that event grow in the coming years, it was great to be around other like minded owners who use there cars as intended.

Tetchy aren't we ?? :grin:

I know the car well, it lived at Fearnsport for a good few months of its life. I spent many a happy hour dissecting it's spec and prodding around it. And whilst many had no idea what it was, I knew exactly what it was the second I clapped eyes on, both when it appeared on H &S's website, and when I first saw it at F/Sport.
And the reason I knew precisely what it was, was because I used to buy 911 & Porsche world religiously, and I remember reading the article on the car all those years ago. So yes, I totally get the car, and it's provenance, and probably better than most so called Porsche aficionados :)

So on the basis it's a genuine 993 RS Clubsport, running an RS Tuning 993 turbo engine (NOT the engine the 'Ring record was set with, which begs the question which car donated it's crankcases ? Or did RS T build a brand new engine from scratch using new, stamped cases ?) a 993 turbo 4WD system, 993 GT2 Bilstein race car suspension and iirc pretty much the complete 993 GT2 Motorsport race car catalogue when it comes to the wishbones, dog bones etc, it also has a smattering of Cargraphic carbon panels (and a pair of 959 doors) whilst formerly rolled on a set of Cargraphic wheels. On what basis is that NOT a bitsa :?:

Both of you appear to see my use of the word 'bitsa" in derogatory way ? :nooo:

As I said previously, I get the car, and I suspect I get it better than most (as I said, I get it sufficiently that I came within a whisker of doing a deal with a Henry at Fletchdale to buy it, in the not too distant past) but I had concerns that if I bailed out of it, I'd lose my shirt, as whilst it's provenance is very real, it's not a particularly well known car, and whilst you, Imran and I get it, many won't, put bluntly they won't see past the fact it's genuine factory 993 Clubsport that's been modified to such a degree, it's only it's chassis number that marks it out as such.

If it had retained it's original RS transmission and crankcases, I think I could have been tempted to make the leap, but without those key components, it would've been a high risk purchase. My loss ?
Possibly.

Can't imagine owning a 911 and not modding it to suit yourself so bitsa really not taken by me in a derogatory way at all. Quite the contrary may hold the key to the perfect 911 nirvana.

Re the above black 993 RS turbo if she had original engine and gearbox boxed can you imagine how much she'd be worth having held the Ring record back in 1998? Not the same but I drool at the 3.8RS Hairpin have for sale. Fell off my chair when I found out asking £1.1m for the her.

With new GT3 RS changing hands for £200k+ I don't think this is worth any less no? I'd rather own the 993 RS turbo personally than a robot but that's just me. Car looks amazing standing still let alone taking her back to her old stomping ground at the Ring for a run.

These are not for the collector and the better for it. We're the last generation that will be able to use these cars as intended. I'm going to make the most of it time permitting

:thumbs:

slippy.

Not "Tetchey" at all, the point is the car is unique in a positive way, given who built and why it was built it, I am well aware off your connection to the car and I respect your informed views on it.

Its a car that will never be replicated, unlike an RS or a GT2, which are easy to clone, all be it its much harder, to built a clone rather than a replica and there in lies the challenge its people understanding, especially in the UK that it takes more than an RS body kit and a set off wheels to make is an RS.

The snake is one of a kind and a unique insight into an analogue past, the likes off which we will sadly never see again.

Stunning car and always draws people to it where ever it goes.

This thread makes a good read. A very nice and very interesting car.

I can concur it's a spectacular beast having shared a pit garage and track with it, had a good poke around it and been in it. I too was very tempted a couple of years back...a totally unique car the likes of which i doubt will ever be repeated

Hope all's well Les :thumb:

IMI A said:
Can't imagine owning a 911 and not modding it to suit yourself so bitsa really not taken by me in a derogatory way at all. Quite the contrary may hold the key to the perfect 911 nirvana.

Re the above black 993 RS turbo if she had original engine and gearbox boxed can you imagine how much she'd be worth having held the Ring record back in 1998? Not the same but I drool at the 3.8RS Hairpin have for sale. Fell off my chair when I found out asking £1.1m for the her.

With new GT3 RS changing hands for £200k+ I don't think this is worth any less no? I'd rather own the 993 RS turbo personally than a robot but that's just me. Car looks amazing standing still let alone taking her back to her old stomping ground at the Ring for a run.

These are not for the collector and the better for it. We're the last generation that will be able to use these cars as intended. I'm going to make the most of it time permitting

:thumbs:

Oh she's a stunning car alright, truth be known, I don't think I've seen a better looking 993. Period. I actually prefer the narrow body/RSR arch extension combo to the wide body/GT2 arch look.
Stance wise, the Black Snake has it nailed.

As the regards the bitsa tag, the ZanziCup is very similar : completely non standard, non-matching numbers engine, ditto gearbox (though both are factory M/Sport parts) pretty much all the suspension is non-standard (apart from the uprights) welded in Clubsport cage etc etc.

Would I swap it or the Black Snake for 991.2 GT3/2 RS ? No way !!

Regrettably I don't have a degree in man maths... otherwise the Black Snake would have resided in my garage these last 3,4,5 years !!

So how much is it?

So how much is it?

NottsRS said:
I can concur it's a spectacular beast having shared a pit garage and track with it, had a good poke around it and been in it. I too was very tempted a couple of years back...a totally unique car the likes of which i doubt will ever be repeated

Hope all's well Les :thumb:

All is good Thanks, just looking forward to the next time we get out to play again, hope all is well with you. :thumbs:

Can we start a new thread about Ai and end of the world? Its very intersteing topic

Back to Snake, I have seen it in the flesh and its fab, looks so tight and I just know its must me a monster to drive :D

IMI A said:
Can't imagine owning a 911 and not modding it to suit yourself .. may hold the key to the perfect 911 nirvana.
I need a Bitsa Script rear badge..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back