Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car seats - 5 and 2 YO - Recommendations Please

SimonBash

Hi,

My two little ones are very keen to ride along in my hopefully soon to be 997 cab.

Can anyone recommend seats that are compatible with the 2 rear 'seats'?!

Thanks

Simon

When I had this issue in my 996 cab for my 3 he old the only one I could find to fit was the Halfords essentials 1,2,3. So went with that one.

Kbald said:
When I had this issue in my 996 cab for my 3 he old the only one I could find to fit was the Halfords essentials 1,2,3. So went with that one.

I have the same in the back of mine for my girls 5 and 7. I have taken the rear seats out (backrest and seat) and they fit in well :thumb:

5 yr old on a back seat, 2 year old in the frunk.

SimonBash said:
Thanks both. Assume you have secured using the seat belt?

Yep, stops them hitting the windscreen when I hit the brakes :wink:

SimonBash said:
Thanks both. Assume you have secured using the seat belt?

Indeed no isofix in my Porsche so for my son I used the seatbelt to restrain the seat and the harness for him but he's big enough now for just the seatbelt to secure him and the seat. All the seats need to meet safety guidelines so happy they are safe but in my other newer cars I have an isofix seat.

Another vote for the Halfords Essentials 1-2-3 from me. My 5yo has been in it since he was 2.5 and it fits well.

I use Maxi-Cosi Rodi AirProtect in both my 993 and 997 for my 6 year old

I have 2 halfords essentials 123 in the back of my 997 coupe, kids are 3 and 5 and fit a treat. Added bonus they were only £35 a piece compared to the £200 odd I forked out for the one for the wifes car.

I genuinely tried every seat in Halfords and could not find one I was happy with for my 6 year old, particularly when extended as she grew.

996.2 C4 coupe.

I also removed the car's leather seat base, but not the back as that didn't seem right to me, with the lower level parcel shelf behind. Just gut feeling. Happy to be convinced otherwise.

In the end I tried the OEM Porsche Junior Plus G2+3 one, it was easily the best fit with room to extend, but not perfect. I bought new for £150 from Porsche Brighton which is reasonable for a decent car seat. lsofix is £200

I think it is effectively an old design Britax Romer. Who I think of as one of the best child seat brands, but it seems an older design therefore much less bulky, and therefore fits! Volvo also used Britax Romer for their branded car seat if my memory serves me correctly which looks identical and had good Which reviews.

It has extended enough to still fit my daughter age 9 and a half. But she's on the limit now, with the seat's back in place, extended to touch the rear window almost. I'm reluctant to remove the back and user it as a booster seat, until the head and side protection is too small for her.

For my 3/4 yr old he was originally in the Porsche Junior isofix G1, which came with the car and fits really well. I think they cost £300.

Halfords essentials high back booster seat. Only about £25.

You can in-Velcro the seat base and replace with a folded towel to get a good fit and save the leather seat base from wear & tear.

https://www.halfords.com/kids-zone/car-seats/child-car-seats/halfords-essentials-high-back-booster-seat?istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istFeedId=367c5610-f937-4c81-8609-f84582324cd6&istItemId=pptwxmtp&istBid=t&_$ja=tsid:94971|cid:865695748|agid:43902125655|tid:aud-297219198889:pla-327353951180|crid:202397318337|nw:g|rnd:12440557518092084098|dvc:m|adp:1o2|mt:|loc:9046827&gclid=CjwKCAjwm4rqBRBUEiwAwaWjjMBRkXgbD6EtroTLg4dxNwCDoSTM7MeHMTgSXnRz9MGkbTWi9zyqchoCA3MQAvD_BwE

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back