Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Incoming Mexico blue 991.1 GT3RS

carkid said:

Sometimes I cringe a bit at putting so many miles on it and the depreciation etc.......but my everyday car is a Skoda Yeti- it's difficult to go on a journey in the Yeti when the RS sits in the garage.......I figure when I'm on my death bed I won't care 2 hoots about cars and money !

I've gone into a cold sweat :grin: :eek:

great to see this getting used and for what is what built for.

its a car not a picture for a museum.

love spec and colour. keep enjoying!!

IMI A said:
Y2K said:
carkid said:

10,000 miles in 10 months.
No buyers remorse.

Excellent :thumb:

OP you may well be the most qualified person in the world to tell us how they actually drive on UKs less than average roads? Is it a stiff set up?

Love it!

IMI A - regarding the drive on rubbish U.K. roads -it's considerably better at soaking up the bumps than I expected.....when I pull out of some sloping driveways at an angle I'm momentarily on 3 wheels- it's undoubtedly a stiff set up.....but yet it only gets jiggly and nervous on the bumpy B roads if you are doing silly speeds- like well over 100mph.....I understand the Gen 2 991 GT3RS front springs are twice as stiff and rear are 50% stiffer so I think for what I want it for I'm best to stick to the Gen 1.
I really can't recommend the model enough though- I just can't imagine a keen driver buying one and being genuinely disappointed with the performance.

It does get some unnecessary attention though, recently I was driving out of Costa Coffee drive thru when I was confronted by around half a dozen young lads on BMX's who were blocking the exit. The gang leader tapped on my window and said they'd move when I gave them a blast of the sports exhaust!

It's in the Scottish Highlands somewhere- I don't recall where exactly....

coullstar said:
Brilliant, built to be used and not stuck in a garage. Is that photo on the lead in to Braemar?

Good call! Yes it was :thumbs:

carkid said:
IMI A said:
Y2K said:
carkid said:

No buyers remorse.

OP you may well be the most qualified person in the world to tell us how they actually drive on UKs less than average roads? Is it a stiff set up?

Love it!

IMI A - regarding the drive on rubbish U.K. roads -it's considerably better at soaking up the bumps than I expected.....when I pull out of some sloping driveways at an angle I'm momentarily on 3 wheels- it's undoubtedly a stiff set up.....but yet it only gets jiggly and nervous on the bumpy B roads if you are doing silly speeds- like well over 100mph.....I understand the Gen 2 991 GT3RS front springs are twice as stiff and rear are 50% stiffer so I think for what I want it for I'm best to stick to the Gen 1.
I really can't recommend the model enough though- I just can't imagine a keen driver buying one and being genuinely disappointed with the performance.

It does get some unnecessary attention though, recently I was driving out of Costa Coffee drive thru when I was confronted by around half a dozen young lads on BMX's who were blocking the exit. The gang leader tapped on my window and said they'd move when I gave them a blast of the sports exhaust!

Ha you should see the roads where I am. UK roads a bumpy racetrack by comparison. Re the car will have to try one some day. One of the nicest 911s I've ever seen yours. Don't blame the lads for wanting a listen - X Factor off the scale ;)

IMI A said:
carkid said:
IMI A said:
Y2K said:
carkid said:

No buyers remorse.

Love it!

Ha you should see the roads where I am. UK roads a bumpy racetrack by comparison. Re the car will have to try one some day. One of the nicest 911s I've ever seen yours. Don't blame the lads for wanting a listen - X Factor off the scale ;)

It being on 3 wheels is more indicative of a decently stiff bodyshell and limited suspension travel, rather than an overly stiff springs and dampers :)

As for a keen driver not being disappointed, you're not familiar with the infamous Mr Demon on PistonHeads ...???

Awesome car in a stunning hue btw :thumbs:

That's a beautiful car, congrats.

I wouldn't hold that against JZM personally, have a look at the CarWiki video where he talks about his time at a Lamborghini dealer and trailering cars to people. He explains how often it goes wrong so they hated doing it, which is probably why the only agreed begrudgingly.

I'm spending a unhealthy amount of time looking at these.

Midlife crisis and bipolar spending urges double whammy

Kev.K said:

You will be dead a long time- barter hard and go for it...

carkid said:
Kev.K said:

You will be dead a long time- barter hard and go for it...

Well said. Go for it!

I had several road trips in Europe planned, however, because of the virus lock down I've binge watched The Innocence Files on Netflix instead whilst consistently eating M&S chocolate digestives ( I find them nicer than McVities).
Having forgotten what they look like yesterday I got my cars out of the garage, looked at them for around 6 minutes, took a couple of photos, then returned them to the garage.

I'm still loving the Mexico blue- can't wait to hit the road on a proper jaunt....

carkid said:
I had several road trips in Europe planned, however, because of the virus lock down I've binge watched The Innocence Files on Netflix instead whilst consistently eating M&S chocolate digestives ( I find them nicer than McVities).
Having forgotten what they look like yesterday I got my cars out of the garage, looked at them for around 6 minutes, took a couple of photos, then returned them to the garage.

I'm still loving the Mexico blue- can't wait to hit the road on a proper jaunt....

Ive sent you a PM :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back